Makeup Remover Getting Expensive

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by tasha • Feb 19, 2015.

1. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    I recently went to buy my make up remover and that usually lasts me for about three months. When I got to the store I noticed that the price has gone up by 20% which is a big increase and I had not yet bought the toner to go with it. It is a well know product and should not be so expensive as it is sold throughout the world.
    Have you noticed any prices drastically changing on your makeup items?

2. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    Seeing as I price cheap drug store make up, I hadn't really noticed? I just buy make up remover wipes from the drug store, since the bottle kind is generally more expensive.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a frequent buyer of makeup products so I wouldn't really know. If it's true that prices have indeed gone up, then there's only one reasonable explanation to this inflation: the raw materials used in creating makeup have become scarce. Scarcity leads to low production and low production leads to a drop in supply.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on the brand you buy, but prices do go up, but often there are more promotions when you buy more than one items. There are so many loyalty cards around that you can offset the increase that way. With a cleanser I buy a cheaper one and spend more on other items as a cleanser is on and off. On a budget I use baby lotion or wet wipes or a classic bar of Neutrogena does the trick.

5. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to use make up remover wipes that can be bought at a drug store, some for only a dollar. I have also found these type of wipes at a dollar store on occasion. Another thing you can use but you might not thought of are baby wipes. These are extremely cheap to buy using these may not be as effective in using just one to remove make up but using more then one can usually get the job done in removing all the make up. A tip is continue using a wipe till the wipe comes back clean with no make up residue on it, this is a sign that all the make up has been removed.

6. bombshell

bombshellMember

Threads:
    It seems like the price of EVERYTHING is going up lately. I even stopped using makeup remover and replaced it with coconut oil. Now I buy a big tub of coconut oil and use it for a ton of beauty needs. It cost $25 at Costco, but I use it to remove make up, moisturize my body, as a hair mask, shaving cream and also for it's traditional use in cooking. If you haven't tried it, give it a shot.

7. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    that sounds like a great product! I know coconut oil is good for your hair and I am definitely going to give it a try. Cost of everything is going up and it is crazy!

8. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have noticed and it's really getting ridiculous! I've actually cut out makeup remover and just stick to an affordable toner. I used to love this toner with Vitamin C in it, and it was affordable for a time; but it's now triple the price of all the other ones! I'm seriously considering bombshell's idea of getting some of that coconut oil and using it as a multi purpose beauty product. My only worry would be that it may be a little too greasy for my already greasy face. I'm sure I'll think of something.

9. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    Not really. I'm not the typical "girl" in terms of how much I like putting on make-up; in fact, I only ever put it on when I'm going out with friends or something.

What I would suggest is that if you don't care about a particular brand, buy the store brand instead of the name brand. Now, I wouldn't go as far as going to the dollar store and buying make-up remover (that feels kinda icky to me), but I would definitely check out stores like Walgreens, CVS, Rite-Aid, etc for a cheaper kind. Or maybe even buy it in bulk to save money overall?

10. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    Me too! coconut oil sounds like a good plan. It takes me ages to save up for my make up remover and toners etc by the time I have saved for the one it is time for the other, you just cant keep up with it.