Making candles burn longer

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Denis Hard • Jun 6, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Candles, from what I've heard are perfect for romantic settings. It doesn't really matter if your love is young or not. If you're past it, at least you can rekindle the old flame. So here goes:

Candles are not that expensive but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to save money in candles. If a candle lasts twice as long as it was supposed to, you'd save what you'd have spent replacing those candles, right? So what do you do?

Freeze you candles. Since the frozen wax will melt slowly, it means that the candle will last longer. It's that simple — nothing complicated. But if you place your candles in the freezer, you need to check them regularly so you can fish them out before they crack.

2. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I've also read that "training" your candles can make them last longer. The first time you burn the candle burn it for 2-3 hours, you want to make sure there is a layer of liquid wax covering the surface of the candle. Doing this ensures the candle will burn evenly and you won't get that annoying hole in the middle of it that eventually buries the wick while there is still so much candle left to burn. I have done this on many occasions and it works! Your candle will burn all of the way down.

3. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I reuse my candle wax. Buying wicks is immensely less than buying a new candle. Mason jars are great for this but, on the rare occasion I'm desperate for romantic lighting and calming aroma, I have used a disposable plate. Make sure it's waxed or lined with wax paper. Lest you have a disaster on your hands.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of these tips before, I just know that you should not let the candle be blown by the wind so that it can last longer. I'ts been a long time since I have used a candle, I only use them during black-outs, and they rarely happen in my place. I guess I will try freezing them next time to see if it makes a difference.