Making tea for meals

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Strykstar • Dec 3, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I've recently started to brew tea specifically to have with my meals at home, I will let it cool and then put the jar in the fridge until it is dinner time.
    This is a great way to not only be healthier, but also helps some lots of money.
    Does anyone else do this and what flavors do you usually use? I'm going through an Apple/Blueberry pack right now.

2. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    My husband and I do this all the time, and we do it with pretty much any flavors that we want. We both drink a lot of green tea, and I'm partial to fruity ones, as well, sometimes we'll get a random sampler and just mix it up from there...have some great peach tea in the fridge at the moment.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like medicinal herbal teas, hot and freshly brewed. Occasionally, when I am ill and need to drink a lot of tea during the day, I will prepare a big pot, let it cool down, and then put it in a big glass bottle that I keep in a cool place. I drink small cups of the tea throughout the day.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I rarely buy flavored teas. The closest I got to tasting one was when I bought a Lipton lemon-flavored tea. After that, we kind of switched to a Chinese brand green tea, Wachichao. It stopped for a time and my mom started buying a bitter gourd tea to reduce her blood sugar level. I also drank an Earl Grey a long time ago. Someone who went abroad brought it to our place.

5. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I mostly drink tea while I eat, because it helps with my digestion and keeps me warm during the colder seasons. The usual tea I drink is black or green tea, and I usually go for the premium stuff when I'm at home, but opt for the cheap packet types when I'm not at home. As a sweetener, I use unfiltered honey - no refined sugars for me.

One of my favorite non-homemade cold tea is Tejava, the unsweetened 33.8oz bottles, which tastes darn good for a bottle type tea.

6. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use flavored teas, I simply buy green tea or Lipton black tea bags and brew them. I may add some lemon juice or apple juice to taste, depending on my preference for the day. I typically drink them unsweetened as I feel that there is plenty enough flavor, and it's definitely healthier that way.

7. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Any one who knows me knows that I love tea, hot or cold. I like to drink it throughout the day it can start out hot and be cold by the time I finish it. I don't drink it though with my meals when I think about it. I don't have a favorite brand or flavor because I like to experience different ones. I did try the green tea but I didn't like it. I know that it is good for you but until I can find something that will make it taste better I won't buy any.

8. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't drink flavored teas, but I do love herbal teas. I try to make a pot that will last for 2 days. My favorite herbal teas are chamomile, red raspberry, ginger, and hibiscus. The herbal teas are really beneficial to health and they taste great to me. I add a little honey, which has its own health benefits.

9. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I use instant tea, either the black or the green. Then I put real fruit extracts for flavour. I usually put the lemon extract and add some Splenda to make it sweet and less stingy. Sometimes I prefer to use a honey instead of the Splenda. Either is really good. When I feel lazy juicing a lemon, I use the artificially manufactured and flavoured juice. I feel guilty though whenever I do it. But honestly I think teas are good as they are with their natural aroma and flavours!

10. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    I'm one of those people that hate "flavored teas". You might as well call it koolaid with some leaves throughout it. I'm big on drinking herbal teas and sometimes experiment sometimes on what I add to it.