Making Toy Food From Felt

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Zyni • Mar 26, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you seen some of the adorable patterns for making toy food from felt? My goodness, some of them are so creative and cute. Felt can often be found cheap and other fabrics will work as well. The plastic toy food sets are so expensive any more (and they're plastic). I also hate when a set comes with mostly cardboard boxes labeled as various foods. I can make those myself.

I'm going to be making a bunch of the felt and Fabric food for my grandkids. I think it will be as much fun to make as it is for them to play with, and it will last a long time, and it isn't plastic. Win. Win.

2. Megan888

Megan888Member

Threads:
    Sounds like a great plan. I have also seen people crochet or knit food so it is in the 3D format and approximately the same size as real food.

I personally loved felt board stories as a kid and we still use them regularly at my work. They help children visualize the story as you are telling it. They also encourage imagination because you don't have the entire picture as in a story book.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a friend who even makes her own felt. She uses a ball of wool and washes it with wool soap for a long time, rolling it and putting it through various different processes. She makes wallets, hats and clothes out of felt. Perhaps making some toy food could be a new idea. :)

4. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I've seen them! Tell me this is not adorable:
    5294c24bdbfa3f74d70001c1._w.540_s.fit_.

Just ridiculous. I would have saved so much money on my daughter when she was into play food. Missed that boat.

a great site that gives you tutorials for free.

5. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Omg that is so cute!!! I wish I was that creative! My boyfriend's little cousin just got a kitchen set and these would be perfect for him! I love the sprinkles on the little iced cookie! So cute!!! Adorable to the max!