Making Your Own Greeting Cards

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by deecee • May 13, 2012.

1. deecee

deeceeActive Member

Threads:
    There are a lot of ways to make your own greeting cards. Most computers now have a greeting card program already installed, and there are other programs to buy. Cards can be hand painted or drawn.

With the altered art and Scrapbook crazes so popular now, these are other methods that can be used to create unique greeting cards.

2. summerRain

summerRainMember

Threads:
    Since I was a kid, I always create my own greeting cards.. If it is something personalized, it is more appreciated with my loved ones so I make sure that almost every gift that I send to them is something unique and handmade. Because of technology, it is much easier to create and personalize the greeting cards. We can even put edited photos into it to make it more beautiful.

3. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    We have always made our own greeting cards. Some days I am lazy and I do not though. It is a great outlet for some creativity. A friend of mine from Germany actually used to make pop out ones...just amazing. Now mine were not that good, but I am aspiring to try something like that next!

4. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    My brothers and I enjoy arts and craft, and since we were kids, we have always liked making our own greeting cards out of weight-papers from various colours. We would cut them in various shapes and then, glue them on the main card. We saved plenty of money when it comes to birthday, anniversary, Mother's Day, Father's Day, and any other special occasions' cards because we couldn't wait to make them.

My nieces have taken this after us. Three of my nieces enjoy making cards and sometimes, for no reasons, at all. These days, there are plenty of kits for kids to use, even for us, adults who still like to make our cards. I haven't had a lot of time ever since, so sometimes I would buy the cards, or worse - send an e-card!!

5. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I used to make my own greeting cards. I would fold a thick piece of paper in half, and then decorate it with ink stamps, ribbons, stickers and other scrap-booking items. Making cards is really fun and people enjoy receiving them.

6. Coffeeaddict

CoffeeaddictNew Member

Threads:
    Creating your own greeting card unleash your creativity. I used to hand-paint my own cards in cardstock until I found this software, Greeting Card Factory for only $49.95, and it helped me a great deal in creating my cards. I even use it in creating cards for my friends and get paid for it!

7. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I love it when I receive a homemade greeting card. It just shows that you put in so much effort and time instead of just picking one up at the drugs store on your way home from work.

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never given a handmade card. I always thought it would not be apreciated, but know that I have read this thread I will have to make a few and given them to family and friends.

9. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    It has been years since I made a greeting card. We used to make them all the time as kids. The store bought ones can be so expensive anymore that it is a great idea to start making them again. This would be a good way to send Christmas cards this year, too.

10. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    Ive always made my own. If it is someone in another country I am sending it to I just make a virtual one but usually I have many scrap booking things laying around and I just use that to make my own cards. It is so much more fun and makes a way more thoughtful gift than just a purchased card. My mom always liked then when I was a kid and I guess it just stuck :)

11. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    We don't do it as much now but we used to make our own greeting cards all the time. It was a good way to save some money and it was fun to make. And the recipients were always more happy to receive a homemade card that is unique over those store bought ones. Lately, I've been getting back into arts and crafts so I think I'll start making these cards again.

12. Magic Pixel

Magic PixelMember

Threads:
    We used to always make our own greeting cards. The receiver loves feeling special to you. We used to even give our teachers hand-made teacher's day cards.

13. guidedessensations

guidedessensationsNew Member

Threads:
    Wow dats a great idea for gifts and money saving tooo :)

14. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    In this age of electronic greeting cards emailed to your recipient, the art of creating and writing on a card is a wonderfully refreshing one. I occasionally make my own cards and send them to close family members who live abroad. I find they appreciate this, together with handwritten letters, a lot more than the emails that I generally send them.

15. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I started making greeting cards as an adult several years ago. I've used stickers, punched paper, velum, tissue, wrapping paper, ribbon, and even scraps of fabric. I enjoy doing it and people like what I create, which makes it all the more worthwhile. I'll be starting a new batch very soon!

16. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    To be honest, I don't even send greeting cards any more, so I don't need to make them either. I used to make my own, though. They're really easy and so much more personalized and fun.

17. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes, I will write special poems for my friends. They seem to like the pieces that I do for them. They are original.

18. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I make my own cards, postcards, envelopes, etc. I'm an artist so there's no need to pay for premade artwork when I can design my own. Plus Hallmark cards can get expensive and that goes against my thrifty nature.

19. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I've just recently started making my own. I really enjoy it. I've made some of my own graphics but I also like to just make simple cards as well. It really just depends on how you design it, either can look really nice. I really enjoy making cards, party supplies, etc. I love using my creativity and it does become more personal and special when you make your own.

20. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I also make my own greeting cards. I believe that making my own rather than buying some from the store will be better in terms of the sentimental value that my hand made greeting card will contain. I can also put my own quotations that I deem proper for the event at hand. Is there anyone here making money off making greeting cards? I just though of something and I'm curious if someone has done it before.