Making your own Hamburgers

Discussion in Food & Drink started by crimsonghost747 • Mar 5, 2014.

1. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747Active Member

Threads:
    Does anyone else love to make their own hamburgers? Here are a couple of reasons why I love it.

1. Healthier. You know exactly what is in there, you know that it's fresh, good quality and you know that it's clean. Can't have most of that in a fast food place and even in higher end restaurants, you can never be sure.

2. Cheaper. Takes me less than $2 to make a delicious hamburger. Fast food joints? Yeah going to be paying at least double for something that is not even close to the same quality. So when I make them myself, it's a win-win situation.

3. Simply tastes great. I get to use which ever ingredients I want to. The meat is real meat, the vegetables are fresh. The only problem is that I can't quite find the delicious sauce that I'm looking for... that's the only thing where I'm losing in quality to fast food burgers.

Have you tried making your own hamburgers?

2. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    When I read your post, I thought your were talking about making the burger patties only. I used to make my own patties, but I can now pick up some good ones premade at a local meat shop which are quite good. I do get the lean burgers. I do prefer to put my own burger together as I like to pick and choose from my own selection of fresh ingredients. A few flakes of iceberg lettuce doesn't cut it for me. If the tomatoes look as though they are from the dark ages I remove them.

3. CSomm

CSommMember

Threads:
    I completely agree. I can easily save money in this way, since my burgers are deliciously prepared at a fraction of the cost at home, and it takes no time at all. I often make turkey burgers nowadays to keep it healthy, but every now and then I'll splurge on some red meat!

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Oh absolutely.

I like experimenting with different meat mixes and ingredients as well, so doing it at home opens up all sorts of windows for me. For example, I may mix it half and half with turkey. Or I may go with a partial deer meat burger. I could mix it up with a variety of cheeses to add a little extra kick or even season the meat before frying. Yum, yum, yum!

5. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    Actually my family owns a cafe called Cali Bay Cafe. It's currently based in the Philippines, but we're selling American-styled foods such as burgers, chili-cheese fries, sandwiches, etc.

Our Chili-Cheese Burger is actually our specialty, and our customers love it. It's 100% pure beef, it has no preservatives, no MSG, it's an all natural burger with fresh ingredients. People appreciate the fact that our burger is healthier than other junk food restaurants like McDonald's. Our burgers are actually one of my favorite burgers (but first is In N' Out of course).

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do this too, and I agree with all your points. I usually form the patties and keep it refrigerated and I just separate each using paper in between. This way, anytime I'm hungry, I can just peel one off and put it in the frying pan or even the oven, which is probably a lot more healthier than opting for processed food or canned goods or even fast food, as you've mentioned. The best thing about having this and just putting it in the oven is that you get to leave it and do a lot of other stuff while it's cooking which then also saves you time. Sometimes, I'd use this to pack as my lunch, and this way, I get to just leave it in the oven as I get ready in the morning and by the time I'm done, the burger is done as well and I only have to put it in between bread with some condiments.