Making your own skincare stuff

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by espeons • Jul 23, 2014.

1. espeons

espeonsNew Member

Threads:
    Does anyone out there make their own skincare products? I think it's a great way to save money and also use healthy things on your skin, because you know what's going into them. I just don't know where to start. Has anyone got any tips or experiences they would like to share? I recently went organic and just feel that the next step would be making my own products so would love to give it a go.

2. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I make a few of my own skin care products. Use 1 tsp of honey and 1/8 teaspoon of mustard powder. Put it on zits for 15 minutes then gently wipe it away. It works great! Another mask I use is made with green tea. You make a cup of green tea using 2 tea bags leaving them in the water for 1 hour. Then you put in 1 tbsp of real sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of lemon. Use 2 tbsp of the tea to soak 1 tbsp of oatmeal and massage your face with it in circular motions. You leave it on for 20 minutes and then wash it off.

3. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    There are two skin care products that I could make at home: face wash and face mask. For the face wash, I use tea. Leave the tea to cool off for one night, and then use the water to clean your face very early in the morning. Dab some warm water before, clean face with the cool tea and then splash some cold water to complete the routine. For the face mask, you can use half a cup of oatmeal mixed in warm water and some milk. You can also add a teaspoon of honey into the oatmeal mask before you gently cover the skin on your face with the facial mask mixture. Wait for about half an hour and then clean your face. It will feel soft and fresh afterwards. I have also heard that people are getting real results with masks using milk and honey and an egg mask, but I don't know the recipe and how to make them.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I remember trying out the beauty tip that I saw in the teen magazine where you get the egg white and you rub it on your face. I was only 14 that time and my mom even helped me, she prepared the egg that I used. I only tried it once though, since I found it too fussy. I prefer to just buy beauty products.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You could use milk.

Here's how you can use milk as beauty product:

You'll need whole milk in some bowl or any other container you choose. Using a face cloth, apply the milk to your face and let it dry. After 10 or so minute, start cleaning your face with the milk left in the container, bowl, etc. Keep at it for 5 minutes then wash off. It's said that your face will be as smooth and soft as a baby's if you wash your face thusly with milk for a long period of time.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it can be fun if you have time, but don't forget these products don't last long as they will go off. I used to do this as a teen, but it's too messy these days and products are fun to use and some not as expensive as they used to be.

There are powders you can use to make your own serums, but you need to be careful still with allergies. Many people get reactions from natural products because they are not stable.

7. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I make a face pack at home that is quite beneficial to the face. Mix one tsp of turmeric powder and apply it on the face. Keep it for 20 minutes and then wipe it out of the face. Your face will get a glow.