Makita Impact GOLD driver bits

Discussion in Product Reviews started by ami560 • May 28, 2014.

1. ami560

ami560Member

Threads:
    If you're like me, you like to Diy stuff around The House. If you're also like me, then you also hate driving screws in! Bits break, or otherwise cam out (slip out and wreck the screw head). Small projects are bad enough, but I've also built set pieces for my school's theater department, and the most frustrating thing that can happen in the middle of a build day is having a bit break. Onetime, I even cammed out and the bit, with the full weight of a drill behind it, slammed into my thumb. To say it hurt like a #%$@! is an understatement. I can honestly say that the Makita Impact GOLD phillips head driver bits are the answer. I saw a blurb on them in a magazine, and the price was reasonable so I checked them out. I got the set with the "Ultra Magnetic" bit holder, and I can honestly say they are some of the best bits I have ever owned. For one, not a single one has broken even under torsional stresses that have broken many others. The magnetic holder is very good, and the magnetic sleeve is so strong that it can hold 3 inch drywall screws all by itself. Like I said, though, the bits are where the magic is. That special sweet spot between the shank and the head of the bit takes all the torsional load and twists rather than breaking, increasing the lifespan of the bits. Because of this, Makita can make the head very tough and hard so that it bites into screw heads without the risk of breaking. I have driven in hundreds of screws since I got these and used them both at home and even brought a few to my school to convince my technical director to invest in them as well, and he now swears by them as well. I fully recommend these to anyone who builds things with screws, even beginners, as this is how a driver bit should be, and the price point is very nice. The gold color maybe gaudy, but these bits are truly worth their weight in gold.