Mall kiosks

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Magicman94 • Apr 15, 2014.

1. Magicman94

Magicman94Member

Threads:
    Do you find the kiosks at shopping malls annoying?

I personally can't stand them. There's one that almost shouts at people walking by asking if you want to try their lotion. They won't take no for an answer!

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm OK with most of them, but I don't like those where the sales people nag you to try something. For example there are those with flat irons and curling irons and the people working there are always nagging people to try it. I heard a guy once telling a girl her hair looked lifeless and she should let him try the curling iron on her! How would insulting a potential customer make you sell a product?
    Either way, those kiosks that sell phone cases, jewelry and stuff like that don't usually bother anyone, so those are fine.

3. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really mind them. They're just doing their jobs. I try not to get exasperated with salespeople, customer service reps, etc. because I've done their job myself. They're just doing what they're trained to do! It's easy enough to politely decline and just walk by them.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Ugh, that would drive me nuts. How do they expect to sell anything to people like that?

In general, so long as they leave me alone or accept "no" for an answer, then I don't mind.

5. HeinrichM

HeinrichMNew Member

Threads:
    Kiosks can be very annoying. The worst is when you just want to quickly pop-in to your favorite store and one of the sales people tries and sell something to you. Is it not strange that the majority sells items that most people do not want or need?

6. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think I know what you are talking about, the company sells "Dead Sea Salts" bath salts as well as hand lotions. And not to sound racist, it's simply an observation, but all their employees are of middle eastern descent. I don't know if that's part of their marketing (kind of like how you almost never see non-Chinese people working at Chinese restaurants) or what the deal is. But yes, they accost you at the malls and wont take no for an answer. The first time I encountered them, they were basically trying to give me a freaking manicure at the kiosk - I'm a guy in my mid 30's, what in the hell would make them think I wanted my nails done?! And hand lotions?!

I haven't seen them in a while at our malls, I think enough people complained about them that they won't allow them in there anymore. Seriously, when they were there, I would avoid the entire wing of the mall where their kiosks were at, so those other stores were losing out on my business because of them.

One of my very first jobs, back in like 1992, was at a kiosk in the mall, selling little glass sculptures. It was such an embarrassing job, since I would see all my friends and classmates walking by while I stood there like a jerk. Plus, those spotlights shining on you all day get really really hot.

7. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I avoid them like the plague. I don't like things shoved into my face by grinning, desperate sales people, trying as hard as they can to convince me that I need their product.
    If they manage to catch me unaware, I immediately tell him that they are only wasting their time with me. But for some that's a starting point for a conversation. So I just shake my head and walk away.

8. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    Some of those places have nice stuff for reasonable prices. I just don't like being approached and begged to do or buy something. I think they should leave you alone; if you want something, you'll obviously approach...it's not like you can't see it right there in the middle of the mall.