"man" Movies

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Feb 11, 2015.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I just saw John Wick and I thought it was pretty cool. I don't see many movies nowadays where romance isn't shoehorned in just for the sake of pleasing all audiences. Not that I have anything against that but it is refreshing to see a movie just be straight up action like this one without too much emphasis on back stories and drama.

That said, I'd love to see more so if you guys have any recommendations on what I can rent that would be great.

2. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't seen John Wick yet, I've heard a lot of good things about it though. I don't know that many 'manly' movies but if I had to recommend one it would probably be Fight Club or The Fast and Furious movies. If you just want manly action then the Fast movies are a definite choice but if you want something more than just action, try Fight Club.

3. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    The Equalizer with Denzel Washington was a good movie overall, although it was not his best. Keanu Reeves 47 Ronin was a good movie to watch, which emphasized honor and justice against the concepts of titles of nobility and wrong. Eastern Promises starring Viggo Mortensen was a great movie and well acted, it was one of Viggo's best acting to date. Jack Reacher was recent movie I liked from Tom Cruise and I recommend watching it because it dealt with the simplistic life an individual against the complexity of society. Any Clint Eastwood, Bruce Lee, 1980s Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jackie Chan, Charles Bronson, Akira Kurosawa (director), Kevin Costner, Patrick Swayze, and Sylvester Stallone are good manly movies.

And one of the most manliest movies I ever watched was by Trey Parker and Matt Stone called "Orgazmo!" The theme song from the movie is cosmically manly!

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There's one movie which I watched a while back and it;s the perfect "man" movie. It's a Chinese movie titled "The Bad Guys." The story is simple and unoriginal. A crime lord is murdered and his bodyguards [the bad guys] seek out vengeance beating up everyone who stands in their way. Doubt you'll find the DVD though. If you can get the VHS tape . . .

I'd also recommend movies made by John Woo.