Mandoline! Slicing And Chopping Is So Easy Now.

Discussion in Product Reviews started by saastil • Feb 1, 2015.

1. saastil

saastilNew Member

Threads:
    I have owned a Swissmar Mandoline:

for about 6 months now, and it has completely changed my life. So I have to share! :) It makes absolutely everything having to do with cutting food smaller so much easier. I use it to dice onions without crying, thin slice apples and potatoes for chips, julienne-ing vegetables for stir frys, cubing potatoes for home fries, etc.

You do have to be careful and always use the hand guard. Just do it, it's not worth risking losing fingers :) It's super easy to cleanup too, I just rinse it and put it on the drying rack.

Does anyone else use and love one of these?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a Kyocera mandoline with a ceramic blade and I agree that mandolines are handy to have, and you should definitely always use the hand guard because people have lost finger tips while enthusiastically slicing veggies.

3. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I love mandolines but I am honestly afraid to get one because of the sharpness. It is good to hear the two of you mention the hand guard, because safety is most important to me. I know this level of prepping vegetables is not only more convenient, but it also brings your cooking to another level as well. I love to cook and I love the presentation of the food to be appetizing as well. Do you find your cooking and presentation has improved as well?

4. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    My parents have one of these, they have had it for years, and every time I'm at their house I try to steal it from them! LOL! I might just have to finally break down and buy one for myself. I don't know why I never thought to check Amazon, they have everything. To be honest, my parents have had theirs for so long we couldn't remember the actual name of it; we always call it "that slicey thing."

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love mine.. so awesome. I have to ditto the hand guard thing, my gawd those things are sharp. I didn't use mine once and I was slicing away, slicing away and as I was lovingly preparing everyone's plates I was all "hmm.. why does there appear to be blood all over the kitchen?". It was so sharp I didn't even know I mangled my hand! There was blood from one end of the kitchen to the other. Goes without saying that meal went in the trash very quickly LOL. Yes.. hand guard.. big yes.