Mango Money-pay 6% Interest-yep, You Read That Right

Discussion in Bank Accounts started by S.O. Price • May 28, 2015.

1. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    If you are interested in opening up an FDIC insured bank account where you can earn 6% up to the first 5,000 of your deposit, check out

. I've been with them for several years now.

This bank is completely online, but I have called their phone number before and was able to speak to a live person. I have received my tax forms for interest earned as I should every year and I've paid many a bill from the account, so it is legitimate.

Any money that you want to get the 6% interest rate on needs to go into the Savings account and there is a $3.00 monthly service charge that comes out of the checking/debit card area. So if you kept $5,000 in the savings area, what kind of interest would you earn? About $24.00 a month, less the $3.00 service charge. I know it doesn't sound like much but WHEN was the last time you saw a FDIC insured account that paid anything even remotely close to 6% interest?

As always, read all the fine print and remember, it's only the first 5,000 that earns 6% interest. I suppose for those with families, you might be able to open up an account for your spouse and maybe even accounts for your kids and split your money into the various accounts, but then again, maybe it is one savings account per family. I'm really not sure about that.

I hope this helps someone. :)