Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Bright7 • Aug 13, 2014.

1. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    This is the mascara that I've been wearing around The House on a daily basis (Yes, I wear a little makeup around the house everyday. Have to look nice for the dog ;)). The Great Lash Lots of Lashes mascara has a smaller wand than the regular version. I think this wand is a little more difficult to use, and it is also oddly shaped. It is almost like a cone. The mascara formula itself is a little more watery than I prefer. Overall, the mascara gives my lashes nice length and it makes them darker, but I have to brush them in between coats because this mascara tends to clump, and nobody likes spider lashes.

I am going to finish up this tube of mascara, but I don't think I will repurchase this version. I prefer the original Great Lash mascara for everyday use.

2. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I completely agree with the bulk of your analysis. I actually prefer the smaller wand because I think it helps coat all of the lashes and makes me feel more in control during application. The cone shape seems to be something new in the make up world for mascara because I have a Clinique mascara that has the same shape. I think both the original and this new formula are a bit too watery for my preference, but I do think they improved it a bit with this version. I felt like it never dried and I would find throughout the day little black dots under my eyebrows that I would have to wipe away because the mascara on my lashes never dried. The color on this mascara is nice, and I don't notice any clumping. I like the more natural look this mascara gives. All in all there are too many other mascaras that I prefer so I will stick with them.

3. Kendra70422

Kendra70422New Member

Threads:
    I have started wearing makeup at age 16 and I love the fact it enhances your natural features because I have a few pimples from now and then that I wan't to get rid of and a little skin discoloration so I like foundation and lipstick. I also like wearing mascara because it makes my beautiful brown eyes pop and the boy's find me most attractive when my eyes are calling their name. I love the Maybelline Falsies mascara and I have 3 tubes of them and they last a very long time, I'm impressed! I will be going out to buy some more tomorrow! See you around and great post.

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I usually have two tubes of mascara, sometimes three. 1) waterproof - which I rarely use unless its a rainy day or I'm going swimming. 2) an expensive mascara that I use for evening ware 3) a cheaper mascara like Maybelline, that I use for every day. Mascara is really expensive but my favorites (the expensive ones) are Clinique (as mentioned above), Revlon and Mary Kay. The brush really seems to make a difference. If Maybelline could just improve their brush (its very thin) I think that mascara would be competitive with all the others.

5. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I have seen the commercials about the Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes mascara and was thinking about trying it because I liked the fact that it has a smaller brush. Now after reading the comments above, I do not think that I am going to purchase this produce because I do not like the fact that that it clumps up after a while, as mentioned. I am more of a CoverGirl type of person anyways.

6. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I tried this kind recently and found it to be too clumpy for me. I also agree with you about the wand--I find the cone shaped ones harder to use and awkward. I'm also not a fan of the c shaped curved wands either. I'm still on the hunt for a good mascara so let me know if you have any other favorites. All of the brands I've tried for the past couple of months have been duds :(