Mayonnaise or Mircle Whip

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Pocs • Aug 5, 2012.

1. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    With all the new toppings that keep hitting the markets for our bread and sandwiches. Two have stood the test of time. Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip, which is your favorite and why?

It's Mayo all the way! First it can be used in so many others ways than your sandwhich and secondly because it doesn't have that sweet tang that miracle whip has.

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer Miracle Whip. It's less greasy and bit sweeter. I don't like mayonnaise. It has been years since I've eaten Miracle Whip. It's one of those things that I eliminated from my diet to lose weight and just stopped buying it. This thread does bring back memories. :)

3. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Mayonnaise tastes better on everything. Miracle Whip is the most disgusting sandwich dressing I've ever eaten. I know it's supposedly healthier but I prefer good taste over health. Sorry.

4. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    It's all a matter of taste. I can't stand the taste of Mayonniase, it is flat. I like Miracle Whip because it has flavor, a tang. If you like Mayonnaise, great, but as stated it is just a matter of taste. Some people like chocolate some like vanilla.Taste buds are different.

5. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer mayo over Miracle Whip for just about everything. I don't care for the tang that Miracle Whip gives me. I seldom buy either, but when I do, I opt for a small jar of mayo. That and it's a lot more versatile than Miracle Whip for recipes.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer mayonnaise and it specifically has to be Hellman's. I hate Kraft mayonnaise. For some reason I can taste if I'm eating Hellman's mayonnaise and I will scrape off/reject any other brand.

I don't like the sweet taste of Miracle Whip and I hate sweet pickles too.
    At some point I would like to try the Japanese Kewpie mayonnaise to see what all the praise is about.

7. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    Mayo, of course. It probably has more calories than Miracle Whip because I always like the things that have more calories. :(

8. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I would say Mayonnaise. But I haven't really had very much Miracle Whip. I could be wrong, but I feel as though Miracle Whip is a little less natural than mayo? Although, I try to avoid both regardless for the caloric and fat content.

9. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    In the minority here, but I can't eat anything but Miracle Whip. I mean regular mayo is disgusting to me and the smell make me kind of queasy.

10. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I love homemade mayonnaise. I was never a fan of it, but then a friend of mine visited from Germany and made it rather quickly with some vegetable oil, an egg and a whisk. Just so yummy but one can only really have a small amount...it is mainly oil after-all. Mayo kicks ass.

11. ssamcd

ssamcdMember

Threads:
    I am a mayonnaise lover and Hellman's only. I cannot take any other form of mayonnaise because I can taste it right away on the sandwich. My kids were the same way. If it wasn't Hellman's they could not eat their sandwich.

12. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Ew, definitely mayonnaise. Miracle Whip or whipped dressings in general are disgusting to me. I don't know how people can eat them actually....they end up being sweet, which is fine if it's a dessert, but for normal savory dishes like sandwiches, I find it weird.

13. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer mayonnaise. It tastes great on sandwiches. Miracle Whip tastes a little too sweet. Mayonnaise and a touch of mustard is amazing on sandwiches. Mayonnaise can be used for so many things. I use mayonnaise on sandwiches, as a deep conditioner for my hair, and a facial cleanser.

14. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Heinz now makes their own Mayo now as well. I tried it and it was pretty good. I've always liked Hellman's, but what I've really been meaning to try is making my own Mayo from scratch. I saw a youtube video of this, comparing the two and the homemade was a much brighter white. The store bought one looked dull next to it.

I'm not a fan of Miracle Whip because I find it too artificially sweet.

One other thing, I've also tried a few of the Vegan mayo's, and was pretty impressed with them. They're milder in taste, much like Hellmans. The only drawback is they're pricey.

15. plkeida

plkeidaNew Member

Threads:
    I can't stand mayonnaise just because the taste is so bitter. Miracle whip is the best topping for me.

16. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    Me too - it definitely has a flavour all its own. I also quite like the Hellman's lighter variety. I find if I use that on a sandwich, I enjoy it just as much. However, if it's as a salad dressing, it has to be the full fat version for me. I tend to use mayonnaise instead of butter on sandwiches, so using the low fat version actually saves on both calories and fat.

17. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    AH yes, one of the oldest controversies around. Mayo vs Miracle Whip. I like both, but if I had to actually had to make a choice, I would have to pick Mayonnaise. Bring out the Helman's and bring out the best!