McDonalds Fish McBites

Discussion in Food & Drink started by ohiotom76 • Feb 23, 2013.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Has anyone tried these yet? I've had them twice already and they're not that bad actually. Considering how processed fast food is, there's really only so much you can do to a piece of fish, aside from the breading. The breading on these isn't identical to their fish sandwiches, it's not quite as crispy and has some kind of herbs and seasonings in it. They're also a little pricey compared to the fish sandwiches ($3.29 for a regular order, vs. $2 for a fish sandwich). I'm surprised though, that fast food places haven't sold something like this sooner though. I would almost like to have something like this available year round to be honest. I'd rather eat these fish nuggets than those uber processed pink slime chicken nuggets they sell.

2. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't bother eating them because I don't trust the food McDonald's sells and I know I could cook a healthier version for less. Why not buy some fresh fish and make your own fish bites? I'm sure it would be better for you and you will save money.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Fish McBites! I don't think they are available in my area. I'm not a big fan of McDonald's but I would forget a name like that!

4. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Same here. When I go to McDonald's, I know whatever I order can't qualify as "healthy". Besides, if I had to order anything from them, it'd be a burger... they're just too tasty.

5. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    I did try the fish McBites just because it was something new on the McDonald's menu which I can now say I've eaten at least once. I thought they were ok, but I don't know if I'd buy them again especially with those prices like you mentioned. I would still prefer the fish sandwiches over the McBites if I were to eat a fish meal at a McDonald's.

6. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I agree they are pretty good my kids love them i thought they were year round are the only doing it every now and than like with the mcrib?

7. ohiotom76

Threads:
    I suppose there might be some locations that will offer them year round, but the one in my area mentions that they are only available for a limited time. I think there are even some McDonalds locations that offer McRib year round as well.

8. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Kids usually do love junk food but that doesn't mean you should give it to them. I would not take my son to McDonald's because it sets bad eating habits. Children will develop their eating habits from an early age and eating at McDonald's is not a good habit...

9. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I have seen these advertised on TV recently. I wondered how good they actually were, and thank you for the review. I don't think its a product I would be interested in though. As you pointed out, the fish sandwich is cheaper in price so why bother with purchasing the fish bites instead.

10. tweety23

tweety23Member

Threads:
    I don't really have any interest in trying them. I go to McDonalds for the burgers and fries not any of this extra stuff they're selling.

11. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    WE tried them and they were alright, something different, the kids liked them ok, and the price is pretty reasonable too.

12. LayneJackson

LayneJacksonNew Member

Threads:
    chicken mcgrill i'm lovin it

13. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    When I heard this I was like Yuck. I still haven't tried them and if the price is not what I like then I will not try them at all. I understand someone is talking about teaching children good eating habits. That is great to teach children great eating habits, but that still shouldn't deprive them from having a burger and fries or even fish bites. We also have to think about portion sizes as well. I have to say it is rare that I eat fish from fast food restaurants.

14. melovesengland

melovesenglandMember

Threads:
    I visit mcdonalds only for their mc flurry apart from that thats it. I dont eat much food from these food chains as the fat and the unhelthiness of the food puts me off. I prefer to do it on me own.

15. dsperin

dsperinNew Member

Threads:
    I shudder to think what kind of fish (or fish pieces) these bites are comprised of. A fish nugget is just a little too unnatural for me :D But then, I don't eat fast food anyway so...

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried Fish Mcbites yet, but is it like a fish version of the McNuggets? If yes then I hope they used fish fillet, because I don't know if it will taste good if they used a different type of fish.

17. ohiotom76

Threads:
    Surprisingly the packaging says its "wild caught alaskan pollock". Other than that, there's breading and that's it. Unlike hamburger or processed chicken patties, you really can't sneak all kinds of filler and stuff into plain old fish. I just wish they would cook them more to order, and/or leave them in the oil a little longer until they get really crunchy. They were a bit soft the last couple times I ordered them, as if they were cooked in advance and sitting under a heat lamp.

18. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    My sister just bought the ones for $3.29. You do get a bunch of bites and she got a coupon for a free apple pie on her next visit. She liked the tartar sauce and I guess that new commercial really stuck in her head. She was singing it then craving them. Clever marketing at McD's. I would not say this is a "healthier" option because it is breaded fish, with thick, creamy sauce. Stick to a burger and take off the break if you're looking for protein.

19. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like fish, so I don't think I would like them. Something about fish McBites just seems wrong, but I guess it's no different than like a fish stick.

20. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not really tempted by the Fish McBites. I mostly like McDonald's for their fries and their frozen drinks. Something about the name Fish McBites sounds unappealing ,like they had leftover fish scraps and decided to come up with a clever way to market them.