McDonalds or Kentucky?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by vida_llevares • Feb 17, 2013.

1. vida_llevares

vida_llevaresActive Member

Threads:
    Which do you prefer more: McDonalds or Kentucky?

2. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I hardly ever buy fast food, but on the rare occasions when I do, it's going to be Kentucky. At least the chicken has some taste, and I can see what I'm eating. McDonald's burgers are bland and tasteless, and who knows what goes in there? A friend of ours used to say that the packaging had more taste and less calories than the burgers, and he was only half joking!

3. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I've been eating in McDonald's since I was a child, so maybe it's nostalgia, but when eating fast food, I always prefer a McDonald's burger. I very rarely eat fast food, though.

4. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I can tolerate McDonald's when I'm drunk and/or desperately hungry. I can't even tolerate Kentucky when I'm drunk and/or desperately hungry, so McDonald's wins for me.

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Lmao!!

I'm reading this thread thinking "Please, isn't someone going to call it KFC or Kentucky Fried Chicken? Because otherwise it sounds like we're comparing McDonald's and a state." And then I read your post, Classic...and it makes me giggle to read it as the state. I don't think most people can tolerate Kentucky even when they're drunk unless they live there. ;)

6. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Is this even a contest?? lol KFC for sure!

7. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer McDonalds to KFC. The first time I tried KFC I didn't like the taste of the batter on it, it was piping hot and soggy for some reason. It had a tangy, pissy taste to it. :DMy friends love it but I don't.

8. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Wait we're debating a fast food hamburger place to a chicken place. Isn't that kind of like comparing an apple to an orange? To be honest I like both places, but I have to admit that I tend to go to McDonalds perhaps more then I go to KFC. Maybe location has reason to do with that since KFC is around two miles from where I live and McDonalds only around a mile. But it also could do with the fact that McDonalds seems to have better deals then KFC does.

9. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    KFC tastes like they throw fist fulls of MSG into their food. It's so heavily doctored up with all kinds of bizarre ingredients to "enhance" the flavor, that it just ends up tasting artificial. They were caught using some sort of beef products to flavor their grilled chicken sandwiches a few years ago. Not that McDonalds is much better, but between the two I suppose I could tolerate it a bit more. I could inhale some egg McMuffin's after a long night of drinking :-D

10. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    KFC! my hubby and I love going there and the chicken is just perfect for our taste.

11. melovesengland

melovesenglandMember

Threads:
    I only buy foods from these food chains now and again. Apart from they are quite expensive they are also not healthy. I like Mcdonalds chicken nuggets and ice cream. I like KFC's chicken without the batter. It taste lovely I think without any of those. :)

12. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Kentucky but they have gotten so high priced so i usually go to Mcdonalds cause it's cheaper.

13. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    Fast food I generally try to say no, most of the time. But when I give in I guess I opt for the Golden Arches. More often than the KFC option. Actually sometimes when I visit a major shopping outlet, well, McD is right there.
    But in most cases, I try to hit the fast food rarely. Once a month I think is okay.
    Diet and health concerns. But damn I like their shakes once in a while. My Bad.
    Ryder13

14. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL!

I honestly didn't understand comparing a state with McDonald's. I really didn't figure it out until I read some of the replies!

McDonald's vs. KFC. I'd choose McDonald's because I love the Southwestern Salad. It's the only thing I eat at there.

15. BargainPhoenix

BargainPhoenixMember

Threads:
    Kentucky over McDonalds any day of the week. The only thing I can really stomach from McDonalds is their chicken nuggets and fries. I do enjoy their coffee which tastes so much better and is cheaper than Dunkin Donuts. Anything else I eat besides the nuggets or fries leaves a bad taste in my mouth and upsets my stomach. I love KFC's chicken pot pies and if I'm going for fried chicken it's their original recipe. I also love their bowls with the mashed potatos, corn, chicken and cheese covered in gravy. Now I'm hungry.

16. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Both are two of my most favorite fast foods but I guess I'll go with McDonald's on this one. The price of McDonald food here in my country are lower compare to Kentucky's and not to mention that there are more McDonald chains here which means that its more convenient and more accessible compared to good ol' Kentucky.

17. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Yep, it is....which while unusual, is still completely fair. They're both fast food places....just like apples and oranges are both fruits. People can have their favorites, even if they don't offer the same foods. :)

18. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I have always eaten at McDonalds from happy meals to double cheeseburgers. I like both but I prefer Mcdonalds they have a better variety of things that like. And KFC chicken isn't the best.

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer both, but I buy food more often in McDonald's. I think that I'm also a bit biased in choosing McDonald's because I love McFlurry.

20. XOHum

XOHumMember

Threads:
    I'll choose McDonald's while desperately hungry or no time for cooking.