McDonalds really messes up orders a lot

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by aimeep80 • Oct 8, 2014.

1. aimeep80

aimeep80New Member

Threads:
    I know fast food isn't the most healthy way to eat but my husband and I do so because it is cheap and we are on a budget. Anyway, it seems as if every Mcdonalds we go to goofs our order up. Its such a pain pulling away and realizing you received less of something or the wrong order entirely. We do turn around and go back to have them make it right, but that is such a hassle having to do so. Does anyone else have this problem or is it simply the Mcdonalds that we deal with?

2. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I worked at a McDonald's for two years and you are on the money. It's usually so crazy in there that it happens more often than you would think.

I have no problem working with teenagers but that's usually where everything tended to go wrong. McDonald's doesn't really train their employees correctly, and everyone is usually panicked because they are understaffed. I don't know how many times I had packed a bag and gave it to the drive-up window and told them it was the second order. I would look over a second later and it would be gone - handed out to the first car. This happened all the time.

This is so common.

So now a car needs to wait and be parked, food needs remade, and then we have to wait for the car that got the wrong food to either come back or call. You don't want to know the amount of times I've tried to catch up to a car in the parking lot to get them the right food.

I wouldn't say it's all McDonald's, it has a lot to do with who is managing when you come through!

3. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    McDonald's didn't do squat to you OP or any other human, because it's a corporation and doesn't have a body with limbs to do anything; 2-D entity; not tangible. Seriously people, stop blaming a fiction for your problems, because truly, it makes you seem like the crazy ones.

It was the man or woman, acting as a McDonald's employee, that messed up your orders!

4. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    That happens to me at times too. I don't like that because I pulled away and then the order was wrong. That happened to me at another fast food restaurant too I know they deal with a lot of people, but it's not excuse to give people the wrong order. I go back inside too because I want to get what I pay for. A friend of mine told me that it's not worth going back, but I don't agree with that. I will go back because I want to get what I paid for and not what I didn't.

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've experienced this with other fast foods but not with McDonalds. It seems odd but the McDonalds food chain here in my country has great customer service and they hardly mix up orders. They also serve fast. Rarely do I experience delays. In fact, I experienced the same when I went to a McDonalds outlet at Changi Airport, Singapore. The crowd was so thick yet they still managed to serve us well. I was impressed. Ironic that McDonalds' country of origin would have these glitches. Nevertheless, we all couldn't help but love their burgers.

6. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    This makes zero sense... Where do you work by the way?
    I hate getting the wrong order just as much as the next guy, but you can't relate with a corporation making you do work, that really more than one person should be doing?
    I do.

7. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    In our area, they have improved the customer service so that it has been a long time since the orders have been messed up. But it was so bad years ago that we STILL check our order every time before we pull away from the drive through. You feel this pressure to have to go for the person behind you but in reality, it encourages the workers on the inside to rush to the next order and mess that one up too. So before we pull away, the person in the passenger seat quickly checks and makes sure everything is in order, then we pull away or call them back to make it right. It is a real pain if you have to pull your car over and go inside after having waited like that.

8. aimeep80

aimeep80New Member

Threads:
    Dang are you Ronald McDonald himself?? *chuckle*

You're absolutely right. McDonalds didn't do anything to me, but as a corporation you would think they (Mcdonalds) would ensure that their employees are trained to handle situations like this to keep their customers coming back. My husband and I owned a business. If someone complained about the service they received, they would complain about the business as an entirety..NOT the person who didn't do something right. Just the way things are. Seems that you are quite defensive about this subject. Opinions are like...well you know, and everyone has them.

#8Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  9. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    McDonalds suffers from a lot of young workers who get paid minimum wage. They also have a high volume of employee turnover so most likely the person making/fulfilling your order is new and inexperienced. If your order is wrong often I'd complain to the management or corporate. They might not care or do anything but you'll probably get some free food out of it.

10. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    This is a problem we have all of the time. I went to McDonalds just yesterday to pick up lunch for my two boys so I could join them for lunch at school. When I got there and opened up the lunch one cheese burger was wrong!!! I specifically ordered a PLAIN cheese burger and it came with everything on it. I don't mind if it were for me because I can just take the things off that I don't like, but when it comes to an 8 year old he won't touch it. :( I felt so bad because he was really looking forward to it.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. It was the first time in a very long time I even went there. It was close to their school and I was pressed for time. Now I know why I like Chick Fil A !!!

Your not alone!!

Danyel :)

11. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I would say about a third of the time they get my order wrong and leave something out. They have also ripped me off several times, ringing up all the items in a combo meal separately so they could charge me more, and when I went in to complain to a manager, they wouldn't do anything about it - I had to contact corporate, who blew me off and sent me a $2 coupon.

McDonalds, Burger King, and Subway employees are always so miserable and jaded and take forever to get your order. You can see the difference in training and management when you compare their employees to places like Jimmy Johns, who's employees are super fast and always get your orders right.

I used to work at Burger King for a while when I was a teenager, about 20 years ago, and the managers at the store I worked at always made sure we got orders out quickly and accurately - I cannot believe how bad the service has gotten at these places.

12. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I'm sure it's not just your McDonalds...I really don't care for McDonald's at all but my husband and son do so we'll get it on occasion, and literally 90% of the time something is messed up about my order..which is extra-ridiculous when you consider the fact that what I order from there is usually either nuggets or a plain burger. How hard is that? I don't know if it's due to the fact that there are typically a lot of teen workers, or just that they're understaffed and it's the kind of job where employees might tend to be careless and not bother that much, but it is really frustrating having to go back and have them start all over.

13. aimeep80

aimeep80New Member

Threads:
    I'm always afraid to complain to them too because they may put something in my food..lol There are some sick people out there and who knows what they may do.

14. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I get really upset when my order gets messed up even after I ask the clerk to read it back to me. I went to McDonald the other day and when I tell you I was so mad. My whole order was messed up I asked for chicken nuggets and I got a chicken strip wrap. I waited in line for so long. I be afraid to send it back cause out of anger you dont know what to expect when they send it back out.

15. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have one Mac Donald's store that I go to exclusively, so I'm not sure if it's just one or money. However, sometimes it happen before that they mistake my order. It's not something very frequent, but has happened more than once or twice before.

16. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh no. I sure complain when they mess up. At least I do if I notice before we pull off to go back home. Then if I notice that something is wrong with my order once I have arrived back at home, I phone them up and complain about whatever is wrong. They usually take your details and give you a code that you can then use the next time you visit them. You'll get a free meal with a drink or something like that. One time they gave us the wrong order, but it was in our favor as we'd only had a bit of money that day. They gave us someone else's order and it was like five meals, and we couldn't gt out of the parking lot fast enough lol. We really enjoyed the free food.

17. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I used to work at McDonald's and I was back in the grill most of the time after I cross-trained. Whenever people send back food you don't even think about it after a while. Someone says to make a "new Big Mac, no onions, extra pickles" you just make it. No one has the time to mess with and put something in the food. At least the one I worked in didn't, we were too busy trying not to get behind on orders.

Yes, you will run into people who are gross, but it doesn't happen like you think.

FYI: There are cameras EVERYWHERE. In the store I worked at there were cameras in the grill area. They can see everything that is being done. If something does happen there is proof. That deters people from any crass actions.

18. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I thought so. Thanks for putting people's minds at ease lol. It is not as though I am that much of a regular to the point that they would remember me to have complained before or anything either. They get new staff in all the time anyway. I think that people doing things to food only happens rarely and with terribly immature or unhappy people. The meat is disgusting. I have no idea what they have done to it.

19. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Well that's good to know and certainly reassuring! lol. I always worry about that, too, if I do complain I'm never nasty or rude about it, but you still never know with the way some people are anymore :(.

20. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    No problem. I totally understand. I'm glad to put everyone's minds at ease. The food might suck most of the time, but no one should have to worry about their food being tampered with. That's just messed up.

They do go through staff like crazy. I was home to work for a summer and I barely knew anyone. By the time that I left in August (started back around middle of May) half of the people had quit. The turnover rate is crazy.

Nearly everything that is served comes from frozen. There are boxes of cookies, pies, chicken, beef patties, sausage patties, folded eggs, and more in the freezer. I stopped eating there my second week on the job. I always had someone make me a fresh salad for my meal and I would drink a bottle of water with it.