McDonalds regional products

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Peninha • Jun 4, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In my country (Portugal) McDonalds has several products specific from our are. For example, we have the McBifana, something I think that doesn't exist elsewhere in the world. What regional specialties do you have where you live?

20121020-143658.

Attached Files:

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure which ones are regional, but now at the World Cup here in Brazil McDonald's is having a special burger for the most famous countries everyday! For example, Mondays are McSpain, Thursdays are McItaly, Saturdays are McUSA and Sundays McBrazil! They are obliviously all make with special ingredients from each country. They are soooo good!

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well McDonald's Philippines used to offer curly fries over here called "Twister Fries", and they offer it only for a limited time, so I'm not sure if they will offer it again. That food item is sporadic. We also have McSpaghetti too, and I think it's sweeter than the usual American recipe.

4. daleo717

daleo717Member

Threads:
    Wow I was not aware of different products for different countries, that is awesome. I know here in Canada we have green shakes for Saint Patricks Day. We also have the McRib sandwich, it's some kind of a pork sandwich, with barbeque sauce. It only comes for a short time, then it's gone again. I really do not like the McRib sandwich, but I do like the green shakes. They don't really have any flavor to them, tastes like vanilla. We also have the McFlurry dessert. Do you guys have that. Its ice milk with different crumbled chocolate bars in it with some chocolate sauce.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hawaiian Mc Donald's serves pork ramen. They're the only McDonald's in the United States that I know of that has regional items. The US McDonald's items are the same as the Canada ones.
    Japanese McDonald's has all kinds of things like rice, a teriyaki burger and a shrimp burger.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's too bad that they only sell that in Japan. I think those burgers would sell well in the United States, especially California. I do think it's cool that McDonald's sells regional items.

7. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Haven't seen those around here, but we do have a World Cup burger in which the bread has the shape of a football lol. I think these McDonald guys are really smart, they adjust to the country they are in and they maximize their profit. Just sad that their food is unhealthy. :)

8. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't realise that this was a thing, but in the UK we get creme egg McFlurries year round, whereas in other countries, or in America at least, they're stricly an Easter only deal.

9. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never heard of those creme egg McFlurries, I don't believe we have them here. I think our McFlurries are pretty standard, we have M&M and other chocolates, but that's pretty much it. Apart from this we have pasteis de nata, a delicious Portuguese cake that I doubt that is sold in any other country in the world.

Pastel+de+Nata.

10. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Madagascar does not yet have a McDonalds, but South Africa does! I do not however remember a regional item but I would not be surprised if there was one. Michigan also does not seem to have regional items but they could easily do something with Vernors soda pop or Better Maid Chips since those are made in Michigan.

11. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    For some reason I always find it hilarious when Madagascar is the last hold out on something. They might not even be the last exactly, but it always reminds me of that game about viruses, where it's almost impossible to infect Madagascar unless you start off the infection there.

12. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL, I have very little knowledge of Madagascar, I don't even know where that is and most likely McDonalds guys don't know either? :) As for diseases not getting there, not bad at all! :D

H.C., if there is a McDonalds in Madagascar, what regional products do you think they would sell there? Any in particular you think it's a must?

13. downloadsincomplete

downloadsincompleteMember

Threads:
    McDonald's in Israel has kosher chicken McNuggets. They also have a nice variety of Israeli salads, chickpea items, and other veggie meals.

In Japan there is Shaka Shaka Chicken. You put the chicken and some seasoning into a sealed packet and you shake it up yourself. It's pretty cool.

In Scandinavia they have a lot of fish burgers and in Italy they have spaghetti, pizza, etc.

I think it's great that McDonald's does this. But they have to in order to survive in these different cultures where people normally would never order off a traditional burgers and fries menu. No point opening up in a different country if the locals are not going to even step inside, so they have to appeal to the local market.

14. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Haha, shaka shaka Chicken, it had to be the Japanese guys, they invent anything, but that is just for seasoning right? A good idea even so, a little outside of McDonalds line I think, but effective even so. I think that McDonalds does a great job in selling, not that they are healthy, but their marketing and diversity is unbeatable.

15. Ridge

RidgeMember

Threads:
    Our Mcdonalds stuff is largely the same as the US, the only thing we might have that the US doesn't is poutine.

Can anyone from the US tell us if Mcdonalds there sells poutine?

16. ajally123

ajally123New Member

Threads:
    I don't think there is anything special about the McDonalds in the UK. I would love to go to say like Japan and try or even just see the massive differences in the menus of fast food restaurants over there. It is a shame UK fast food restaurants don't have a lot of unique food items like other countries.

17. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had to look up poutine. Wikipedia describes poutine as an dish originating from Quebec. It is made with french fries, topped with a light brown gravy-like sauce and cheese curds. No, McDonald's doesn't sell poutine in the United States.

18. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that's because the UK is not very rich from a gastronomic perspective? I would suppose thought hat McDonalds could make a fish and fries menu, doesn't that happen?

The Menus here in Portugal are not that much different either, just a little touch here and there because the backbone of McDonalds is the same wherever we go, that is why it's so successful.

19. Ridge

RidgeMember

Threads:
    Alright, so I guess we have that going for us...

20. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL, so UK McDonalds has poutine? It looks... strange! :D

6007119080_6403fef6f5_z.

We have one thing called pasteis de nata, some really tasty cakes and we used to have a menu with them, just the cake and the coffee, but I can't find a picture from it. Here's the cake even so. :)

IMG_0540.