Memorial Day gatherings

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Sweetkymom • May 27, 2014.

1. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    Is your family the type that goes all out in having a Memorial Day cookout with the family? I know my husbands side of the family has a cookout every year while my side of the family is all distant from each other and do nothing. This year, though, my brother and I decided to turn the table and planned a first ever camping trip. We had the most fun ever! The grilling out and watching the kids was the best part of it. It was just my brother and his family and my family are the only ones that showed up.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My family is much worse than yours. We not only live far away from each other but also don't communicate at all. Bad things happen in families. Things which no amount of talk can set right. Because of that, family gatherings in my family are unheard of. The only time we ever come together is when a close relative kicks the bucket. Not the best time to party, is it?

3. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    No, we don't really. We actually see each other and when we do it has to be of really important matter and not just to chitchat and ask to each other how each is doing. We don't have any sort of getting updated to each. Though we have a pretty big family, we're not really all close to each other like we're comfortable to mingle with each. Instead we are divided into clusters, so basically, it's useless to hold such this thing for us.