Memorial Plans

Discussion in Other Insurance Type started by gracer • Mar 12, 2016.

1. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I have this thought inside my head about not wanting my loved ones to suffer economically when the unexpected happens so I made sure that I have a life insurance plan and an investment plan for me to be sure that even if I die unexpectedly, I will leave my family something they could work on even when I'm already gone.

I'm also considering getting a good memorial plan so my family won't have to worry about how they would handle the expenses of my funeral and burial needs. It's always a good idea to be prepared for death and dying because we will all go there anyway, we just don't now when but we'll eventually get there.

How about you guys, how are you preparing for the unexpected? Do you have laid out plans for your family just in case the unexpected happens?

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I was younger, that memorial plan was a creepy topic especially for the young. But when I became an adult, I realized the rationale behind the memorial plan. At least those left behind have a fall back. I have seen poor famillies that cannot even bury their dead due to lack of money. But with a memorial plan, that problem will be remedied somehow. I had bought a memorial plan for 3 - mine, my husband, my mother. And I also bought a slot in a columbarium. That would free my family from financial worries when I die.

3. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I also used to be afraid of talking about memorial plans and the thought of death and dying before, but when I finally had my own family I realized the significance of this kind of insurance. It is a practical way of preparing for something that will not be avoided, so might as well plan it well for the sake of your loved ones. Emotional loss is already too hard to handle, so if you couple it with economical loss and stress of debt, family members who are left behind will suffer a great deal.