Memory foam?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by JessiFox • Mar 21, 2014.

1. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I'm trying to compare different brands/stores/options for memory foam products. All product thoughts are welcome, but I'm looking specifically for pillows and mattress pads. I know this is one of those things you really have to 'test out' in person to be 100% satisfied with, but I'd just like opinions from actual people (holy cow do a lot of the reviews on sites seem incredibly fake these days!). Any brands that you especially like? Good prices or at least worth the price if they're more expensive?

Thanks in advance ;).

2. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    My husband works for a mattress store and he is always bringing home the newest thing to try. Sometimes it really is worth the money for the better mattress or pad, but if you don't need it then it isn't. My son has a memory foam mattress and we want to get the other two memory foam as soon as possible. The memory foam pillows, to be honest I don't care for them, however my husband can't sleep on anything else. My oldest son has the pillow my husband brought home from me, he just loves it and it's his favorite pillow. It is really a personal choice, but before you buy check out there return policy. The store my husband works for does take things like pillows and mattress pads back if the customer does not like them. A lot of stores don't take things like that back, so find a store with a good return policy and ask the sales person for help. At mattress stores, the employees go to all kinds of training through out each year and they can really help you pick out a product based on what you are looking for. You can tell a good salesmen from a bad one because a good one will not automatically recommend the most expensive product.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Don't buy memory foam, the chemicals they use in the foam are toxic. A lot of people have complained about the dreadful smell that came from their mattresses and pillows. Imagine inhaling those fumes all night and also absorbing them through your skin. I bought a memory foam pillow when I was on holiday as I got a neck pain from the conventional pillows where I stayed. At home I sleep on a buckwheat pillow. I regretted buying the memory foam pillow as soon as I tried to have a rest on it. It didn't smell or feel good at all. I threw it out the next day. Before you buy memory foam products, you might perhaps like to do some more research on the internet about the chemicals you will be sleeping on.

4. micah13

micah13Member

Threads:
    There's a really soft foam that is popular in many of the upholstery shops in Mexico, it's about 8 inches thick or more but very soft and it's the best for a mattress. I really recommend trying to find that, it's the best night's sleep I've ever had in my life.

5. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I tried memory foam and didn't like it. If you move around when you sleep, it remembers the depression and you tend to flop back into it. Because it takes a few seconds to reshape itself, it makes for a bit of an unnatural sensation if you roll over. It tended to wake me up as I tried to hold the new position for a few seconds to let the foam catch up. If you don't move around at all, it is probably fine.

6. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    We have a few memory foam products and have never had any "bad or chemical smell" to them. I personally do not like it however my 12 year old just loves it. He has a memory foam mattress and pillow and he prefers it over any of our other beds or pillows. It really is a personal choice for everybody.