Metro PCS is the best deal in the country!

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by XDetTigers420X • Dec 16, 2013.

1. XDetTigers420X

XDetTigers420XNew Member

Threads:
    I've been with Metro PCS now for five years and I'll never go with any other carrier. I only pay $40 a month for unlimited calling, text, and web access. The reception has always been good too. I was at the AT&T store one time and I was talking to the girl about Metro PCS and she said they might have a great price but the service was bad. I'll tell you what, I was the wrong person to say that to. I used to have AT&T and their general service and their customer service is the worst I've even encountered! I was there for about a half hour telling her about my experience and how bad her company was and how much I loved Metro PCS. Who else loves Metro?

2. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I think Metro PCS offers the best deal in the nation because usually a prepaid plan is less expensive than a postpaid plan. However, I have noticed that there is a Metro PCS at the mall nearby my workplace, it offers 4G LTE network with less expensive data plan. I am not sure a out the network service nor the customer service, but I know that it's half the price of what I'm paying for now.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will be switching to Metro PCS later this month because they have the phone I want on their pre paid plan. I am with Virginmobile right now and my phone is junk, most of the time I can not hear what the person on the other end is saying and the battery life sucks.

I thought I wanted to upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy S5 but I saw a person with the Samsung Mega Note and decided that is what I want. I have a tablet that is on its last leg, so the mega note takes care of the tablet and the phone.

4. ami560

ami560Member

Threads:
    I've heard both good and bad things about Metro PCS. On one hand, I hear their service is very nice in high-traffic regions like cities. But, I've also heard their customer service can be quite bad as well as their cell service in more suburban or rural areas. I would've switched to them, but I saw that the coverage wasn't that great where I lived, so I went with T-Mobile, which was 10 bucks more for the same plan. Moreover, Metro PCS gets their network off of T-Mobile towers that they rent bandwidth from, so if T-Mobile ever decides to cut them loose you could be out some.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was under the impression T-Mobile purchased Metro PCS.

6. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I heard that they are better than any other cell phone company. I like the fact that they offer Unlimitated everything. The only issue with MetroPCS is that they do not have coverage everywhere. I will most likely switch once they have service where I'm from.

7. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    I just switched to MetroPCS this month, and so far I am very happy with it. I didn't get the fanciest phone, but I got a very nice LG that works great. I haven't had any issues with their coverage, and I have cut my cell phone bill down by more than half. I couldn't be happier with them.

8. wvboarder

wvboarderMember

Threads:
    That's probably the only one I haven't tried. I should look into it since I wasn't that impressed with any of the other networks I have been on. Sprint, US Cellular, and AT&T all sucked. Sounds like you get a pretty good deal and service. Heck yea, thanks for posting!

9. spikerfreelancer

spikerfreelancerNew Member

Threads:
    I am also a Metro PCS fan. I've been with them for over five years now and have not one single complaint. Others I've talked to seem to disagree, saying that their limited selections of phones to choose from is pathetic and their coverage sucks. First off, with metro, unlike most other service providers will let you use an unlocked phone on their network, you can even do this yourself at home. Not only that, but you can switch the phones you use as many times as you want. Why you ask would you want to do this? Going camping and don't want to risk ruining your brand new $400 phone, you can switch your service almost instantly to another lower quality or old phone to take with you and switch back again with no charges or fees. Secondly, the metro/T-Mobile network is extensive. However you should do your homework first. Obviously if their coverage is insufficient in your area then don't sign up and complain about poor coverage, common sense. One other point in their favor is the ability to surf the web during a call. This is a hugely beneficial feature. The only downside many people see is the fact that they do not offer those ridiculously cheep phones with the activation of a contract, but the monthly price for service ($60 for me) offers you a savings, opposed to other networks, that quickly adds up making the initial price of the phone insignificant. So, if the coverage is good, there are many benefits to switching over to metro, but in the end the choice is up to you. Just remember to do your homework and make informed decisions.

Evan