Microsoft 2003 versus 2010?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by krab • Oct 19, 2013.

1. krab

krabNew Member

Threads:
    I've been using Microsoft 2003 for the longest time, and after trying 2010, the interface is far too confusing for me; I feel like I have to learn a whole new system with all the additions! Is there any specific reason that would make 2010 worthwhile that 2003 doesn't have where I should actually upgrade it?

2. fancy

fancyMember

Threads:
    I as well used window 2003 for long before upgrading to 2010 besides later moving to 2007 which I recently use. However as a fact window 2010 as variety of upgraded features that isn’t availed in 2003. For instance the new Office Fluent user interface in Word 2010 appears to differ very much from the one in Word 2003. Menus and toolbars have been replaced by the Ribbon and the Backstage View. And considering that the Office Fluent user interface eases the way you can get more out of Microsoft Office applications you can always deliver better and faster results. As well in window 2010 you can quickly find your ways around long documents. Users can reorganize their documents easily by only dragging and dropping headings rather than copying and pasting.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Man, you're so behind the times. Windows 8 has better security, a much slicker design, it's faster, is more compatible with a lot of apps and games and software etc. And you don't have to learn anything new man. There are only added features and a change in layout! It's not like you need to start from scratch. Sheesh. The only issue here is the cost. If you don't have the money, then you shouldn't upgrade yet.