Microsoft Compact Optical Mouse 500 V2.0

Discussion in Product Reviews started by mistymi • Mar 16, 2014.

1. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    If you have small hands or prefer a very tiny, simple, lightweight mouse I would highly recommend this. It is meant for laptops so if you're using a desktop like I am you may need an extension cable. Anyway, the weight and size is why I like it so much. It's very easy to control and flick around, which makes it especially good for RTS games. Using it is almost comparable to writing with a pencil. I've looked for other small gaming mouses but couldn't find one quite as small as I wanted. The size does require you to use a finger tip or claw grip unless you have baby hands.

The cost is a big plus. In store it's around $15 but online you could probably get it for $5 or $10. Though it's inexpensive, I've had no problems with accuracy, durability, and tracking. As someone who has played computer games for a long time and gone through several different mouses, including more expensive gaming mouses, this is the most perfect one I've found for my needs. I'm not sure if I would recommend it for FPS games or if you play at a low sensitivity because it has a pretty low malfunction speed. This means if you're making very fast, jerky movements, it won't register, which is easy to do sometimes considering the mouse's tiny weight. Still a very good mouse. Would be perfect if it had a higher maximum speed.