Missing Out On Some Deals?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Denis Hard • Apr 4, 2016.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You've seen a number of those buy one get one free deals. And many times most shoppers who don't want to miss out on the deal will buy something and regret it later because they didn't need the extra item they bought.

In order not to miss out on such deals, you could consider shopping with friends. You can make the purchase together and whatever you buy will cost only half it's price.

2. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    Whenever I feel as though I am missing out on some deals, I remind myself that this is most likely not a once-in-a-lifetime deal, and that there will be great deals offered again sometime soon. I try to only partake in the great deals if the items on sale are something that I actually need. If I have that item sitting on my shelf already, then I can save money for the moment and not purchase more of it. Living with only what we need is freeing, because I do not feel the need to keep on eye on the sale advertisements all of the time, only when I need something.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, sometimes I feel sad when I miss a good deal,but you are right Prose, the deal in some form will likely come around again. The only problem is that sometimes when you do see the deal again.it costs a bit more money, or i doesn't come at a good time. However, you can only do what you can do.

4. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I have experienced this feeling before of missing out on a deal. I have not regretted purchasing two of something if it is on sale for buy one get one free. Of course, this would be dependent upon what the item was though. I just took advantage of a buy one get one free deal on vitamins but I was able to get different ones so I did not end up with two of the same in case I did not take them before they expired.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will take advantage of a bogo if it is something I need. Getting things I don't need is something I try to avoid to save money.

6. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Rarely, if ever would I feel compelled to buy something for fear of missing out on a deal - as apart from the fact that I usually only buy what is needed - not only are most deals these days generally nothing more than money making tools used by retailers - to entice the consumer into spending more money - but its actually real easy - when you do really need or want something - to find it at a bargain price somewhere - especially as its quite normal these days to find “ deals “ going on throughout the year almost everywhere.

That said - as “ buy-one-get-one free deals “ can sometimes be a bargain - if it was something that I usually buy and use regularly and the price - in terms of unit cost - was less than buying the exact same items individually - then yes - of course - I would take advantage of the deal.

7. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I will look very carefully at all of the deals that I see around me, and will then make my decision about whether I would like to go for them or not. I do have a small group of friends who are interested in many of the deals that I get, and will buy some items off me if I don't feel as though I am able to use all of the things myself, so that's great. But you do have to be really careful about what you buy, as it is a waste of money and food if you buy things that you're never going to be able to use at all.

8. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    If the deal is on something I use a lot of anyway then I don't have any issue buying it. I'd rather save myself the money the next time by getting extra now.

It does annoy me a bit though that I end up missing out on great deals because I can't get to the store with those deals! I don't drive myself so I can't get to stores out of the town I live in very easily unless someone else will take me, and I try not to inconvenience people asking them to give me a lift somewhere unless they're going that way anyway. So that can frustrate me a bit.

9. venusflytrap

venusflytrapMember

Threads:
    I never really go in for those kind of deals. I only ever buy what I need. Those deals don't fool me. Neither do they tempt me into acquiring things that later I might find useless. In fact, even if I see a great deal, and it's a product or service that I really need at that moment, I tend to be strangely suspicious. I remember buying my last telephone for a special deal, and it caused me nothing but problems. Perhaps it's an isolated case, but I tend to stay away from special deals.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Good advice, but you can also give the other unused one as a gift, right? That is, if it can qualify enough to be given as a gift. I don't think they will be wasted as long as the item is not perishable.

11. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I also have to remember that stores repeat sales all of the time. I once thought that CVS had a great deal on Tide pods. TI had a $2 off coupon for pods that were $3.99 and I bought one thinking I saved a bunch, but I have seen that deal two more times since then!

12. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always shop with my family so whenever we chance upon those deals, it's always worth it. When it comes to food or important items, we make sure each member of the family gets the same item as the rest. For example, if my mom buys a chocolate drink tetra pack, my dad, my siblings and I get one as well. So it's always 5 in one go or not at all.

13. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's such a nice idea, but I stock up when there is a sale such as half off or 2 for 1 deals. I love these deals. I save a lot of money and when items are so cheap and I regularly use them I stock up on it when it's this kind of deal. When I stock up on these items that I use regularly, I save a lot of money and have what I need for a while too!

14. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I agree this is a great way to save and it ends up being helpful to more people than just yourself so really great advice. The only problem is that sometimes others don't like the item enough to want to spend even when it's cheap which is understandable of course. When this happens I just buy both since the price is half off and I'll keep the other one unused so in the future I could just sell it to a friend if they suddenly change their mind or at worst I'll sell it online or use it myself when the original breaks down.

15. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Retailers always want to draw people in so there will always be another deal. If you miss out on one bargain, it's not the end of the world. Things go on sale in cycles and there will be other chances to save money.

16. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think this is a fab idea, @Denis Hard@Denis Hard! Well, as long as you have like minded friends who're willing to do this with you. I tend to do this with a friend of mine and a cousin. But we do this when we want to buy in bulk, shopping at a wholesalers for things we can then break apart and share out. We usually make a morning of it, go off a list of things we all want to get a few of, and all put some money into the kitty. It works out really well for all of us in the end and we don't have to worry about getting those things for another 2-3 months :)

17. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    There are some deals for which the products would seem to be very useful that I would not want to really miss out. If I miss out on a deal like this I would be disappointed. However, when it comes to deals in general, I usually try to make an assessment of the offering because not all of them would be valuable to me as the promoters would want it to seem to be