Mobile Games You Paid For

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by DrRipley • Nov 12, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've never paid for an app game as I've never come across any that I had to have so much that I ended up paying for it. I'm already fairly content with the free games that I have but I'm now thinking of treating myself to one or two paid games this Christmas just to try it out if the paid games really are that much better.

That said, I'd love to get some suggestions from you guys on which paid mobile games you found to be totally worth the money. If not then please do also discuss some of the mobile game purchases that you ended up regretting.

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Not exactly paying for the app itself, but I bought some games off HumbleBundle and found that they also came with an android apk. for free. Kingdom Rush is a great game you could try out.

3. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    Frankly I have never been a very enthusiastic mobile game player. Hence I usually prefer to play games that are quite free and fun loving. I rarely pay for the games as they are quite expensive.

4. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I only have two paid games on my device right now: The Room and Need for Speed. Are they worth it? Yes. I enjoyed both games and I still play them from time to time. I even consider buying The Room 2 and a couple of RPG.

5. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I paid for the deluxe version of Vector along with some in-app purchases in games like Asphalt 8: Airborne, Into The Dead, and a handful of others. I have no problems paying for content on games I like or deluxe versions of mobile games. Some games are well-crafted enough to warrant spending some extra money on. Of course, there are plenty of great free games available.

6. Misslisa

MisslisaMember

Threads:
    I try not to pay for apps. I pay about 99 cents for more lives from time-to-time. I even try not to do that very often. Sometimes I get desperate to progress to the next level after coming so close and needing a few more lives. I do have to stop myself because those small payments adds up.

7. primaLucid

primaLucidNew Member

Threads:
    I used to be an avid shopper in terms of App store games. I spent about $30-40 just on mobile games. However, I have not spent a single penny on any mobile app in almost two years now. I find myself having less time for mobile gaming, and the free games like Crossy Road or Quiz Up are great time burners when I do have the time on my phone. I find myself having just as much fun on free apps, but the paid apps have better graphics.

8. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you love tennis, then you should definitely purchase Virtua Tennis by Sega. It has very beautiful graphics that could rival handheld consoles. The gameplay is top notch too and there are different control schemes to suit your needs. The game is not perfect - there are no real players in the game. You won't see Fed or Rafa. You can't purchase items like clothing or sports equipment. However, it's such a joy to play. I've been playing it for over two years now and it never gets old. I hope that the developers add an online multiplayer mode in the future.