Moisturizing Socks

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by maddie • Oct 8, 2012.

1. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I have rough feet, since it is hot for most part of the year and we wear open sandals or shoes. Any amount of moisturizing and scrubbing did not help.
    After I started using moisturizing socks I have really come to love may feet. But, I have one small problem with this, the ones I wear are a little slimy and uncomfortable. I thought I might get used it it over time but I still don't seem to like it. Anyone here uses something that is less slimy or more comfortable?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I have never heard of moisturizing socks.

What I do, though, is the same effect. I slather my feet with vaseline at night and then put on socks to lock it in. When I wake up in the morning, my feet are super soft. It can be slimy/slippery if you end up having to talk around any instead of going straight to bed.

3. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    My father does the exact same thing! It must be working, because his feet appear to be very soft and smooth. He has nicer looking feet than my mom and he is sure to rub that in. Do you have any issues with the vaseline washing completely out though?

4. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of moisturizing socks but I may have to try that vaseline trick. Hmmm...so where does one buy moisturizing socks anyway? On Ebay? Amazon?

5. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I hate wearing slimy things on my feet, just makes me feel uncomfortable. But I definitely have dry skin and my feet get very dry also, kind of maintain at times. I tried the vaseline trick and it work for one day but it got back hard again.

6. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    The Vaseline doesn't really work for me. My feet get pretty dry soon enough. That is when I found this product on Amazon. It is great except for that slimy feeling. I will go back to Vaseline again if this becomes too eeky for me. I may also alternate between the two. :)

7. MeliciousMona

MeliciousMonaNew Member

Threads:
    Kaybee- I found my moisturizing socks at Shopper's Drugmart. But I think they also sell them at The Body Shop and other skincare stores. They are typically a high cotton to spandex ratio. Though if you don't wash them often enough they do get slimey. I usually slip them in twice on laundry day to ensure all the residual cream is rinsed out. But they sure do help:)

8. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I have never tried the moisturing socks. I have used a moisturizer without too much success. I will try the vaseline with socks at night. My heels are the worst. I read that Vicks salve is good, you would use it the same way as you would the vaseline. Thanks very much for the information.

9. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have used the Avon moisturizing socks. They worked really well, but I like my feet to be free especially when I'm sleeping. I started using Nivea Extended Moisture Creme on my feet. It works great! Much better than the socks.

10. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    I've never used moisturizing socks, but I'd like to try them. What I have found that is great for dry skin is a lotion called Myocide. It is both moisturizing and exfoliating, getting rid of dry flaky skin and softening calluses. I can vouch for this product. It works! You can purchase it on Amazon and read other's reviews.

11. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of moisturizing socks. I wouldn't have tried them either. I'm not fond of wearing any socks personally. I love sandals and fit right in to the warm weather I now live in. I would rather have rough feet than wear slimy feeling socks. I remember my mom used to put bag balm (similar to Vaseline) on her hands sometimes when they got dried and cracked in the cold winter months. Then she would put cheap gloves over them and wear them for a little while at night. Maybe the same type of thing could apply to feet?

12. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of moisturizing socks either! Sounds like they would be to squishy to walk in, but who knows.

13. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Dorothy, maybe I have caused some confusion here. These socks are not to be worn during the day, these are bedtime socks. They are squishy which is why I am a little uncomfortable, but they work so well. I sometimes get out of bed to go to the loo or for a drink of water.. and they feel like.. yuk. I guess I have more of a mental thing about them.

14. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    The socks probably need a wash? The concentration of humectants from regular use, coupled with body heat, could be causing the sliminess.

I’ve tried the moisturizing gloves long ago, but not the socks. For my feet, I dab on Neutrogena’s foot balm and wear regular, cotton socks to bed. You could try soaking your feet in ‘hand hot’ water for five minutes before applying any creams or Vaseline, to enable better absorption. Then wear a pair of socks to lock the moisture in.

15. almari_011

almari_011Member

Threads:
    Can I do this on my legs? I have dry legs and I put lotion and oils in it but it still appears flaky and still itchy. Will this help? :)

16. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, it is worth trying. It know it helps most people. Apply Vaseline wrap your legs in cellophane sheets and let the skin absorb this for a few hours or through the night.
    You may want to increase your omega 3 consumption and drink plenty of water.
    Also try getting your legs waxed, it helps exfoliate dead skin on the legs and allow the Vaseline to get absorbed well.
    You could also exfoliate your legs once a week.

17. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Vaseline is a great moisturizer and can be used in almost any place on the body to keep the ash away. The skin will be so soft and smooth. Yes I would say drink more water also to keep the skin nice and moist. We are what we eat and drink you know, we have to be good to our bodies also. Treat it well and we will have no problems keeping it up. Try using coconut oil for a moisturizer also.

18. almari_011

almari_011Member

Threads:
    I've shaved before but that made my skin dry and flaky with bumps and all. :( I regret it very much. Now I'm waxing my legs and I moisturize daily. It's still dry but my skin's reviving little by little. What's omega 3 by the way? Plus are cellophane sheets the one with different colors like see through plastics? Does that make it very awkward to wear? Can I just wrap it with high knee socks? :)