Mom Want's Me To Wear Shorts ?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by TulsaGirl • Jul 5, 2015.

1. TulsaGirl

TulsaGirlNew Member

Threads:
    I'm 16 and I never wear shorts because I don't like people looking at my legs and I feel exposed wearing them. My Sister Wendy is 13 and is the same way. My Mom is always tells us to start wearing shorts, Today we were having a July 4th get together with My Mom, Aunt, Cousin Sarah & 3 next store women and they all are wear wearing shorts and me & Wendy had jeans on. My cousin Sarah asked us why we weren't wearing shorts and we told her we like wearing jeans. Then Wendy keep complaining how hot it.is. Then my Mom told Wendy
    to come into The House with her. We heard Wendy & my Mom yelling at each other, I went to look in Wendy's rom window and My Mom is holding a new pair of her shorts and is telling Wendy that she's needs to start wearing shorts , Wendy is resisting then My Aunt walks in and tells Wendy to listen to her Mom and put the shorts on, I went back out to the patio, things got quiet, then the door opened. My Mom & Aunt came out, then Wendy came out right behind them and OMG Wendy had bare thighs and was wearing the shorts, the other women told Wendy that she came to her senses and has nice legs and don't see why she didn't wear them before Wendy said she feels bare wearing them and they told her she will get use to them in a couple of days and then Wendy told my Mom why don't you make me wear shorts too. My Mom said that's a good idea and she told me to come inside and now she's trying to get me to put on shorts too. Why ?

2. Jennifer2

Jennifer2New Member

Threads:
    Summer is here, and we all know it’s really freaking hot. Everybody has thighs, and you need to wear shorts in the summer to be cool. Let me tell you something about your legs: they need to get out and they need to be seen. Listen to her and start wearing shorts. I was just like you and I didn't wear them before, but I noticed everyone was wearing them but me. So I gave them a try and they are so so comfortable and your like 30 degrees cooler wearing them and you will fit in better.

#2Jul 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  3. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Tulsagirl, you are 16 years old and therefore old enough to decide what you want to wear for yourself. If you don't want to wear shorts then simply don't. Admittedly, you could do with something lighter and cooler than jeans to wear in the heat though. What about some linen trousers or a maxi skirt?

4. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Wear shorts only when you are ready to. If it is hot, you can wear leggings or a light fabric jeans. I do not get why they are forcing you to wear shorts though as if I am a mom I would be proud if my daughter refuses to expose most parts of her body lol.

5. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't understand why you would feel obligated to wear shorts just because your mother wants you, too. Sure, we should always listen to our parents. However, I think that "forcing" you to wear shorts is a bit silly. Don't wear them if you don't like them! This is funny.

6. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I agree, you’re old enough to decide what you do and don’t wear. It’s odd to me that your mother would be so insistent about it. There are plenty of other options for warmer weather, like lighter weight trousers, and skirts in various lengths and styles, not all of which will expose your legs. Maybe one day you’ll change your mind about shorts, but it should be your decision.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't see why they are trying to force you girls to wear things you don't feel comfortable wearing. Just say no. There are so many other clothes you can wear instead of shorts. For instance, you can wear skirts and flowy dresses, and still look good with it. Plus there are so many different types of pants you can wear including lighter jeans. I just don't think it's fair for the adults to force you to wear clothes you don't feel comfy in, regardless of how nice your legs are!

8. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    If you are not comfortable wearing shorts then you shouldn't have to wear them. You are old enough to make your own decision and your mom should respect this. Why would she want to you be dressed in something that you are not comfortable in? What really gets to me is that your Aunt was involved to and everybody else. I feel bad for your sister. She really shouldn't have been put in that situation. She was bullied into it even though she didn't want to wear them. If a person wants to wear shorts then fine but if you don't then that is just fine too. It is your decision and nobody elses to make.

9. sbatz72

sbatz72Member

Threads:
    I don't like shorts either. At 16 I guess it is difficult to tell mom something and get her to understand. Wait, I am in my 40s and still have a difficult time telling my mom something and getting her to understand. I would like for her to cut the apron strings. I only wear shorts at work, it is in the mid 80s in there year round and I move around a lot.

10. TulsaGirl

TulsaGirlNew Member

Threads:
    I put on shorts today , I can't believe I did it , I just got so sick of being naked about it today
    that I need to wear shorts by my Mom, Sister & friends, well I just wore them around house, and
    sat on the porch, I feel so bare wearing them, but they feel so comfortable and feel a lot cooler
    then my jeans. I just don't know if I can go out wearing them because of the bare feeling

11. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you feel uncomfortable wearing shorts, then you shouldn't wear them. I disagree with the posters that are saying that your legs need to be seen. You should only reveal what you feel comfortable revealing. Everyone has problem areas that they don't like to show. I'm sure that if one of these other posters had flabby batwing arms and someone was nagging them to wear sleeveless shirts, they would refuse. Everyone has different degrees of modesty.
    I dressed like a slutty pop star in my teens but my daughter dresses like a sporty tomboy, and that's okay because that's who she is. You can speak up nicely and tell your mom that it makes you uncomfortable to show that much skin.

12. TulsaGirl

TulsaGirlNew Member

Threads:
    This morning, I put my jeans on , but it's already 85 and it's going to be 97.
    I'm going shopping with my Mom & Sister and they have there shorts on
    and they look pretty comfortable and I feel sweaty in my jeans, so I changed into shorts
    I'm going to try to wear them in public today.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Good for you that you're now starting to like wearing shorts. You don't have to wear the short ones that are half above the knee, you can try wearing the knee-length ones.

14. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I couldn't agree more. My mother actually stopped deciding what I should wear when I was around seven, I think. Once she saw that I was and had developed my own sense of self through fashion, she would encourage that fashion by surprising me with new items of clothing when I'd get home from school. You are 16, and free to choose what you want to wear. I don't understand why your mother is telling you - or has so much say - in what you are wearing, since it is only shorts.

15. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Agree with the others about being old enough to decide what to wear. And your mother knows it or she would have tried to force you before she was reminded as well. Reminding her was basically giving her permission (from her stance anyway). I don't know what to tell you.. you have to live with her, so refusing is likely causing stress in the house, but I don't suggest giving in either. Everyone "not understanding why" doesn't have to live in your head or in your house, so don't listen to them. If you're uncomfortable, you're uncomfortable and no adult should ever force their child into things that make them uncomfortable. She doesn't own you just because she pays the bills. That is YOUR body and only you can decide what to do with it.

16. TulsaGirl

TulsaGirlNew Member

Threads:
    Yesterday I wore the shorts in public for the first time, At first I felt like I was naked,
    but after a couple of hours of wearing them I soon realized that I was so worried about wearing them that
    I didn't realized how comfortable and cool I was in the heat, the cool breeze & sun felt awesome on my legs
    no more sweaty legs and no sweat on my butt,my legs were all nice & dry and started to tan and pretty much everyone was wearing shorts. When I did see someone wearing pants or jeans they stuck out like sore thumb and that use to be
    me & my sister. My Mom told me & my sister that's she proud of us and bought us a lot of pair of shorts for the summer. Today I wore shorts all day and I didn't feel nervous. Also on length, everyone's wearing mid thigh length and that's what I am wearing

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @TulsaGirl@TulsaGirl, Good for you that you're now starting to enjoy wearing shorts. If you have slim legs, then you have no reason to hide them. Instead, you gotta flaunt them! :) As for me, I prefer capris and shorts that are knee-length. I hope your mom doesn't force you again to wear something that you guys don't like in the future.

18. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am like you, I never liked to wear shorts. Even as a kid , I'd prefer long pants of a light fabric. I have lived most of my life in the tropics, and let me tell you, my skin is really great. I see many young people these days who are already showing signs of premature aging at 20. Not to mention the high risk of skin cancer.
    You are 16, and old enough to decide for yourself what you prefer to wear.

19. TulsaGirl

TulsaGirlNew Member

Threads:
    Sidney, I get a lot more attention from guys, and 2nd looks, :D I guess another benefit of wearing them
    Also I would recommend if you have nice legs too to try the 4" shorts, they R way more cooler then capris and your thighs still get sweaty in capris when I tried them , Also like 99.9999 % of females wear shorter shorts :)

20. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @TulsaGirl@TulsaGirl, I only like my lower legs, my upper legs are fat, I have gained 10 pounds lately, so I would rather wear those shorts that hide my thighs. They fall just above the knee, hehe. And I would be uncomfortable sitting in a public bench with shorts that short, since I don't like my thighs and knees touching against each other when sitting. I want them slightly apart, lol.