Monster Energy Drinks

Discussion in Product Reviews started by amynichole318 • Mar 14, 2014.

1. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    Anyone else a fan? I know they are not exactly healthy for you, but I can't stand coffee and when my kids are home this week on Spring break, some days I just need a little boost to be able to keep up with them. I know one person told me she used to drink 3 a day! Wow, I think that would make a person go a little nuts. One is enough for me to last me through the day.

2. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I used to love Monster energy drinks, original green flavour. It is unhealthy, but I guess it does give you energy. I only drank it because it tasted good, not because I wanted energy. I started drinking it at a young age though, so that isn't good.

Since I'm living anhealthier lifestyle, I haven't consumed energy drinks in a very long time.

3. Manny

MannyMember

Threads:
    I won't lie. I try not to drink energy drinks because they're not exactly healthy for you. However, when I do, I prefer Monster or Red Bull in that order. All the other ones don't taste good to me.

4. starfox64

starfox64Active Member

Threads:
    Those energy drinks never seem to work for me. All they ever did was seem to get my heart to race a bit :/ I even tried the 5 hour energy drink once and that had no effect. I just go for the traditional coffee when I'm in need of an energy kick.

5. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    Yeah, as you can see by my avatar, I'm a fan of monster. Truth be told I actually prefer the black and gold rock stars. It is a nasty habit! I drink them everyday now, and when I try to go a day without one I get the gnarliest head aches.

6. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I would really try to stay off those. ;)
    Drank my fair share of Rockstar, Monster, and Redbull... Nowadays, I even try to be careful with the amount of coffee I let into my body.
    They just have a ridiculous amount of caffeine and sugar. You don't need it.
    I mean, if it's a make or break event, like if you have to give an important speech at 4 am or something, I guess go for it. But drinking it for fun... Might as well just go jogging on the freeway or something.

7. reubhole1

reubhole1Member

Threads:
    My advice is to stay away from these energy drinks. If you need caffeine in your life, opt for tea or coffee. I know its not as potent, but your body will get used to the high doses of caffeine and sugar, and it will take more to get the same effect. Caffeine, even though relatively safe, can temporarily increase heart rate and blood pressure, putting unnecessary strain on your heart. Since energy drinks are relatively young there hasn't been much research into the long term health effects, whereas coffee has been in human consumption for hundreds of years.

8. Gavin

GavinMember

Threads:
    I did live off those things during my early 20's when I was working like 60 hours a week and partying just as many. I haven't had one in years, but every so often I still feel the taste for one. I think that they might kill you and with extreme prejudice. I also think that they could possibly be made by the devil.

However, for the group who can take them, they are awesome and I expect one day they will be outlaw'd. :)

9. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    Oooh, I love Monster drinks. They're so bad for you, but they really give you the kick that you need when you're too tired. I'd drink it when I needed something strong, when working doubles or having to pull all-nighters. I always liked the bigger version they made, with the cap. Though I have to be careful now. I can only drink something that has tons of caffeine (Coffee or Monster) when I'm dead tired. If I drink it when I'm only slightly tired, it has an opposite affect and makes me so tired and sleepy that I almost pass out. :eek: But yeah, I like the original green Monster! I tried that Iced Tea/Lemonade (?) one and man it was GROSS. :confused:

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One Mountain Dew is all I need to increase my energy level when I feel a little down. That one Mountain Dew and a cup of coffee will have me up all night. I have staid away from the energy drinks.

11. mccanono

mccanonoMember

Threads:
    Energy drinks (not just Monster) are good...in moderation. Just like anything else. I must admit, when I was still in college, I used to make these energy drinks as substitute to water. I take energy drinks 3 times a day. But I must tell you, the morning after, you'd feel wasted and drained. So, in order for you to have the "energy" that you need to take on the day ahead, you'll need another shot of whatever energy drink you prefer. It was an endless cycle for me. But luckily, now, I only drink energy drinks every once in a while.

What about you guys, do you also feel the same the morning after you took an energy booster shot? :)

12. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    It's interesting, because I don't like soda, or more specifically, carbonation. I do drink a fair amount of Red Bulls, but not for the taste, but for the boost. I've grown to like Red Bull, but it's certainly not my favorite thing. Monster is okay too, but I've found that Red Bull is better tasting and more potent in smaller sizes.

I've never tried any of those shots things, but I've heard they taste disgusting with a capital D.

13. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never touch the stuff, but my boyfriend drinks it once in a while. And every time he does it, I make him read out loud the ingredients to me. And when he struggles with the pronunciation of the words on the can, I ask him whether he is sure that he wants to put those things into his body. Lately, he is not sure about it anymore... :)

14. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know lots of people who love those drinks, especially Monster, Red Bull, and Rockstar. I never really liked the taste of them, and I've never felt this boost that you're supposed to get. I don't bother drinking them for those reasons, and because I find them to be expensive.

I'd rather grab a cup of coffee or even a caffeinated soda. There is one, though I don't remember which one, that tasted okay. Most of them just taste like an overly sweet cream soda to me, but this one kind of had a tangerine flavor to it. It was a sugar free one I think. Still, it's nothing that I just have to have.

15. Happy247

Happy247Member

Threads:
    I started on the Monster energy drinks a few years back. I was working full time ( graveyard shift), was a full-time student plus had 2 small children. I was lucky to get 4 hours of sleep most days so I definitely needed some energy. I tried the coffee thing because everyone at work would drink it all night long, but it made me so sick to my stomach. Those energy drinks were a life saver to me. After about a year and a half they didn't have the same affect. I had to start on those little 4 hour energy bottle drinks. But I'm done with all of them now. I'm done with school, and no longer work nights so my life is back to normal.

16. worldmachine

worldmachineActive Member

Threads:
    I never touch energy drinks as i have a heart condition, they can cause palpitations and raised blood pressure, there have been reports of them being fatal in a few cases for people with underlying heart conditions. They can also cause nausea, headaches and allergic reactions.

I used to drink monster energy drinks occasionally before my diagnosis and they did give me a temporary boost when i needed it as in being over tired, one side effect i noticed however, was that they turned my water green!

17. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    They don't work for me, either. The one time I tried the5 hour energy I was working mid nights, and I still fell asleep at work. They actually make me feel like I'm crashing from it as soon as I take it.

18. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    I drink a lot of these I have to admit, not really for the energy or buzz its supposed to give you, its mainly because i like the taste. I take one to work every morning and people are always saying, you shouldnt drink them you know, they're bad for you etc...

They then, throughout the day proceed to drink about 13 cups of tea or coffee...like that's so much better isn't it?

I think with everything, in moderation its not going to do you any harm and if its something you like and enjoy, then keep doing it.

19. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I stay away from the energy drinks. I just dont feel I need them at all. I try to get enough sleep and eat properly so I dont have to resort to gimmicks. These energy drinks arent healthy at all.

20. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I would drink the light blue Monster all the time. The full can light blue one not the light blue 'M' that still has a smidge of sugar in it. This one was 100% sugar free. I stopped because I really had to stop putting aspartame in my body. I don't drink things with added sugar & I used to drink sugar-free items all the time but aspartame seems to be in all of them. :(