Most Anticipated Video Games

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Dec 8, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I have to admit that none of the announced titles for the new gen consoles have grabbed my attention so far. There are a few that have caught my interest but none really that have made me feel like I need to buy the console and play those games immediately. I think I am just waiting for the more familiar titles to come out, particularly for me, God of War and maybe a few other popular titles that I already know of like Devil May Cry. I really can't wait what the developers make of this game especially with the new capabilities of the new consoles.

What games are you looking forward to? Would you buy a console and the game immediately when your favorite titles come out and become available?

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Personally as a Halo fanboy the biggest title I'm looking forward to is Halo 5. Sadly many Ubisoft titles lately have been really bad, so I'm not really hyped for the next Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty or Far Cry game. Another title I'm looking forward to is GTA V on the PC since I don't own a console!

3. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a big story kind of guy and so a lot of the "big titles" coming out for consoles don't interest me that much. I am looking forward to The Game Of Thrones game from Telltales that just started to come out. The first episode is simply nothing but great and the way it is done is nothing short but excellent. I am also looking forward to will happen with The Walking Dead and there are a lot of questions that need to be answered.

4. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Two games I'm waiting to play are Just Cause 3 and Halo 5: Guardians. I've always like Just Cause games because they're ridiculously fun and open-ended games are my what I like to play the most. Regarding Halo 5, I simply want to see what happens next in the series, because I don't think this next game will involve Master Chief John-117, which is a good because I want to experience another character kick extraterrestrial butts!

5. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I'm really excited about the new Assassin's Creed game that just came out. Apparently there's a lot of bugs with it though so it may be awhile before I buy it. I'm also looking forward to Kingdom Hearts III that's coming out sometime in 2015 cause I've been a HUGE fan of Kingdom Hearts since it first came out :)

6. Atlas_Hope

Atlas_HopeNew Member

Threads:
    Personally I'm really looking forward to the next Batman game, Arkham Knight, as well as Metal Gear Solid 5. Those are probably the two games that are coming out soonish I'm excited for, otherwise Uncharted 4 will be cool whenever it releases, and a next-gen God of War was announced to be in development but probably won't be released for a few years. I just bought all the other games I wanted on Black Friday, so I have a lot to keep me occupied until they come out :)

7. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    I really wanted to play the Akbank Sosyal Kobi game developed in Turkish language. I have been seeing the Facebook game app since last year, and just guessing that it would be available this year or next year to the public, outside of Turkey. I tried to download it and wanted to play it on the PC and iPhone, but it was not accessible internationally yet. I think it's a great idea that the team has developed into a game about the social media that attracted me to the game. I hope it will be international soon.

#7Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  8. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm waiting for only one game to come out. That's Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain. It will hit store shelves in 2015 and I'm salivating. I have always been a fan of Metal Gear Solid games. The story is always top notch and the gameplay is such a joy. The characters are all very memorable and there's rarely a dull moment in the games. I wanna see would happen to Big Boss and who his opponents will be. I wanna see what his weapons and gadgets are. I think it would be epic.

9. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me, one of the most anticipated video games was The Sims 4. I was literally counting down the days until the release, and I had the release date circled on my smartphone's calendar LOlL :/ When I finally played the game, I was ridiculously underwhelmed. Considering how many years in the making the Sims 4 was I just think that the game could have been a lot better than it was. I liked the new emotional system, but I was just overwhelmed with a sense of no story progression and pointlessness when actually playing. I stopped playing after a week or so of trying to get myself to like it more.

10. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I'm really looking forward to the new Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter games. They both look SO good, and I love how they always release information little by little. Also, the reveals are always pretty cool. On top of those, I can't wait for Batman: Arkham Knight to come out. I'm a really big Batman fan and I've played all the Arkham games (minus the one of PS Vita) so naturally I'll get this one. I really want to get it the first day it's released.

11. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh I forgot, I'm also looking forward to the next installment of Tekken. Tekken has got to be my favorite Versus game of all time and I'm itching to fight again in the Iron First tournament.

Tekken is great because it has an awesome combo system and a balanced and interesting cast of characters with his/her own story line.

12. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    This is a first time in years where there isn't a game that I MUST have. I find myself getting back into retro gaming, (well the Gamecube days). If I had to pick 1 game I would choose Legend of Zelda Wii U. I saw the recent gameplay trailer and was quite impressed with the art style they went with. From what I read, it also has less of a linear style, so you will be able to explore every nook and cranny without major limitations.