Most useful mobile app?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Mayvin • Aug 20, 2014.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I've heard of an app where you can find out where the best deal is in the neighborhood when you're trying to save money on groceries, clothes, or whatever else. This I think could be very useful when your out say clothes shopping and your want to find the best price. Has anyone used an app similar to this?

2. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think this topic has already been posted here at least once. Anyways, here are the apps that I think are the most useful:
    • Google Chrome - probably the best web browser for mobile devices
    • S-Note - useful for storing different information like notes, login credentials, doodles, etc.
    • Adobe Reader - lets me easily access my pdf files through my phone
    • Polaris Office - lets me open, edit, and create word, excel, and PowerPoint documents
    • Alarm Clock - helps me wake up in the early morning.

These apps are all free so you better have them in your phone.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use the Vons/Safeway app to take advantage of the Just4U program to save on groceries. Other grocers have similar apps. As for saving on clothing and stuff, I don't know of any specific apps, although I know they exist. I'd recommend finding a Top 5 list online and then checking those apps out. You'll have to find the app that suits your needs best and gets you the best savings possible.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Mercury Browser gets my vote on this. I was really surprised at how good it was because I wasn't really expecting much from it after seeing and trying out all the other browsers prior to it, but now that I have I am now spoiled by it and I even consider it to be much better than it's big name counterparts like Chrome and Opera. It allows extensions, many swipe gestures that can be customized, as well as a very easy to organize saved file area that even allows you to import within your device and to external media channels such as cloud services and home networks.

5. tzbt827

tzbt827Member

Threads:
    Torch Flashlight is one of most useful apps on my phone. It basically emits a very bright light through the flash of the camera, it's very helpful when looking for something you have lost in a dark area or just to use late at night when you are trying to navigate your way through a room in complete darkness. It has came in handy for me in many different situations.

6. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    Now this one's interesting. I am using two browsers at the moment: Chrome and CM Browser. CM Browser seems faster than Chrome, but the only problem is it hangs randomly sometimes. I haven't heard of Mercury Browser. I gotta check this one out. Thanks for mentioning!

As for my contribution to the thread, I would add in:
    Life Time Alarm Clock - alarm clock with puzzle/math problem to solve
    Merriam-Webster Dictionary - best dictionary app
    Wunderlist - To-do list
    Nova Launcher - my favorite launcher for Android

Sorry I don't use any app related to shopping/saving on groceries.

7. Trevorwilson131

Trevorwilson131New Member

Threads:
    Life time alarm clock has definitely saved me some mornings. I'm the kind of person who tends to fall asleep right after I wake up. Having to solve a math problem in order to stop the alarm wakes me up a bit more. However that can fail too sometimes, haha.

8. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    The most useful app for me is the alarm clock. That app has been in since day one for me, very useful. Also I find using Evernote to be really of great help back when I was still studying.

9. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    My most useful app is perk screen. It keeps me up on the latest other useful apps and supplies the time on my home screen along with the new apps that are available for download. The best part about this app is I get points and tokens every time I swipe open my home screen which can later be redeemed for points. I also enjoy using Google Chrome as my browser, It makes surfing the web very smooth with my phone. I just recently deleted a whole bunch of whack apps of my phone, they just get all your info and take up space.

10. AdrianC.Morcerf

AdrianC.MorcerfNew Member

Threads:
    I consider Stocard being the most useful app when not taking into consideration the stock apps (what's a smartphone without the phone app?). I have TONS of reward cards and sometimes it's a pain having to shove them inside my wallet. But not anymore! This app scans (or takes a picture) of the card itself and stores it. Not only it's organized, but it's beautiful, too !

11. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on the user really. One app can be useful to one user and that same app can be useless to another. But I think the most useful app for me is the Dictionary app and the alarm clock. I use them everyday and more than once they helped me a lot in my everyday endeavors.