Mothers Day Gift Ideas

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Tina122321 • Mar 6, 2016.

1. Tina122321

Tina122321Member

Threads:
    What are you going to buy the mother's in your life this year for mothers day? Last year I did organic chocolate. This year I'm considering flowers or potted plants. I must buy for my mother, mother in law, and three grandmothers. What was the best gift you ever gave or got on mother's day? How many people do you need to buy mothers day presents for?

2. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    Here in the UK Mother's Day was today. I got my mother chocolates and flowers. I know it's a bit cheesy I suppose to give chocolates and flowers but my mother only really eats chocolate for special occasions and she loves flowers, so they seemed like the perfect options for her. I'll only be buying anything for my mother, and this is the way I've always done it.

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I did not know that mother's day was coming up until a few days ago. Then my older sister phoned me the other day and let me know that today was mother's day. I haven't been too well over the last couple of days, and so I was in no position to be planning gifts, so I just gave my mother my card and told her to take off some money, and that was her mother's day gift.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For the mothers in our neighborhood, we are already preparing potted plants because of the many requests we are getting - the welcome plant is getting to be a craze here. And we have several mother plants which we can divide to make new plants. But for my mother, my siblings and I are thinking of giving her a small party. We are not really expecting that she will last another year with her pitiful condition (she had a stroke 5 years ago).

5. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I think that the best things to do are homemade and personal, as it shows that you have put a lot of effort into your gift without having to spend a lot of money, which can only ever be a good thing really. I do honestly believe that it is the thought that counts a lot more than the money, and for this reason you should always make sure that your gift is going to actually mean something to the person who is receiving it.