Motorola's Droid Turbo

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by troutski • Oct 17, 2014.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Motorola has been on a roll lately with the release of the 2nd generation Moto G and Moto X devices, not to mention the Motorola Nexus 6 announced yesterday. Coming within the next few weeks is the Motorola Droid Turbo, which is almost guaranteed to be a Verizon exclusive. The phone features a 3,900 mAh battery, which is larger than 95% of the smartphones, phablets, and tablets out there. Even the Nexus 6 only has a 3,220 mAh battery. The Turbo will feature a Snapdragon 805 processor, 3 GB of RAM, and a 21-megapixel camera.

Like the Nexus 6, it will feature turbo charging technology that allows the device to charge 5 to 8 hours worth of capacity in 15 minutes flat, which is unheard of for any device, really. Oh, and it's sporting a 5.2-inch high-resolution screen. It's a good time to be Motorola.

2. Melissast

MelissastActive Member

Threads:
    Oh if I had the money I would probably get that phone. I have an older model motorola right now and I love it. Its my first smart phone so I don't have much to compare it to.I like the high resolution screen,and that its powered by google which I trust more then apple. the charging thing sounds really neat and great for someone who is on the go all the time and can't wait around all the time to charge there phone.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, the Turbo Charging is actually achieved through the Charging 2.0 feature of the Snapdragon 805 chipset along with Motorola's own special charger. It's a fairly large charger, but it shows some major promise. The way it works is that the device charges with more voltage when the battery is lower, and the charging effect reduces closer to normal charging rates when the battery fills up a certain percentage.

It doesn't degrade the battery because lithium ion batteries wear out based on the number of charges (accelerating a charge cycle doesn't reduce the number of charges and doesn't damage the battery). Five to eight hours of use with a 15 minute charge is incredible, and it's a feature that multiple phones will take advantage of imminently.