Movie Adaptations That Were Better Than The Source Material

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Nov 7, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I always hear people say that the book or comic book was better, when talking about movie adaptations, but I'm wondering if there are any that turned out to be better than the book or whatever source material they were adapting it from. I hear this most with Scott Pilgrim, Kick-ass, and Watchmen. I've never read any of those, but the movies seem nice enough. I think the closest a movie has gone to surpassing its original material is "the Shining", but I haven't even seen that movie yet. What do you guys think?

2. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Clockwork Orange. I know the author despises the movie, but the omission of the last chapter really makes it that more impactful.

3. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I think Interview With A Vampire was better than the book. I loved that movie. I guess it's better mainly because the author wrote the screenplay for the movie. Now Queen of the Damned was not better than the book. It was in the same series, but It was completely different from the book and I found it lacking. I wish Anne Rice had done the screenplay for that movie as well.