Movie & TV Merchandise

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Oct 23, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Star-Wars-3D-Classic-Chess-Set.

We got this Star Wars chess set a few years ago and it was very fun to use. It did add to the enjoyment of my nephew because he likes the source material. I don't, however, but it was still very charming compared to just an ordinary chess set. The only problem was that we lost one of the pieces and now it's just collecting dust after the initial charm was gone. I'm wondering if there are any movie or TV merchandise that you guys absolutely love and actually use regularly. It could be a shirt or cups, etc. I know the 90s Batman cups given away at McDonalds back then became really popular.

What's your favorite movie or tv merchandise item/s?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You could probably make some good money by selling that chess set on eBay, as long as you disclose in the description that one piece is missing.
    I once got $75 for a Japanese anime trading card game that was missing 2 cards, just because it was a rare set.

Anyway, I used to love drinking from my 1990's Demolition Man cups from Taco Bell. I loved Demolition Man and the technology in that 1990's movie predicted a lot of things that are actually out now like Google Glass and self driving cars.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh I am considerably jealous of that chess set. I have this necklace with a gothic L pendant, a Death Note merchandise I got from a Cosplay store, and it's what I consider to be one of my most prized collectible items. Death Note is a Japanese anime about a guy who accidentally discovers a notebook discarded by a death god. The notebook lets him write the names of individuals he wanted killed. This got him hooked and he turned into a psycho who wanted to be a "god of the new world." In the future, I want to buy Sponge Bob plush toys, especially Patrick.