movie theaters that serve dinner, drinks and seat you at tables

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by pennylane • Sep 16, 2014.

1. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    Have you ever been to one? A place like this just opened in my town and I'm wondering if it's good to try. The prices seem to be on par with other regular restaurants. Is eating during a movie fun or does it distract you?

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've been to one of these, although Not really a full sized dinner but it does have wait staff to serve snacks. I think it can be a bit distracting or at least just a bit different from what I'm used to. If I get used to it enough I'd probably mind it a lot less. Personally, I think it is worth it for the experience, but I wouldn't do it regularly as I still prefer the older version of cinemas for some reason. That's just me though because I tend to get sentimental over old ways of doing things, but this new way is definitely good too.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are a few theaters like that in my area. They are pretty pricey. I suppose it would be good for a special occasion, but I'm not that into movies anymore. One theater has individual chairs with stereo sound. They also bring cocktails to your seat.

4. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Eh, it depends. Yeah, I been to one of these and it was during the opening night of a film. It was annoying listening to people eat around me as well as trying to watch the movie. Also, the crowd was a little rowdy. This isn't to say that it's all bad if you go to a film where there is hardly anyone in the audience. I only like to eat food when I am by myself or with friends or my boyfriend and we're watching a movie at home. Otherwise, when I go to the theatres - and that's seldom nowadays - I go to watch the movie with no extra costs attach.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've heard of these kind of theaters. There's one in the U.S.called "Alamo movie theater". I wish that there was something like that in Florida. It seems like a good idea that would work especially well during dinner time. Anyway, it seems like a good idea, even for my neighborhood.

6. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have been to one, but I have to admit that I don't like them all that much. When I am at the movies, I am the type of person who really has to concentrate, or I miss a lot of things that I should be able to see in the movie in front of me. I also don't like being forced to buy food while I am there, because it can turn the evening into something very expensive indeed, rather than the cheap night out that going to the cinema might have been in the past. I don't really like going to the ones that stop you from bringing your own snacks either, because they can often charge you more for the refreshments than they do for the ticket, and that is something that I really don't agree with.

7. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    Here in Kansas City where I live we have a theater that has a VIP room. In this room every seat is a leather recliner and has tables in between them. They have a full bar and a menu with nice dinner meals. It's also a dinning area in the bar area out side of the room where the movie is being shown. Other than that, we have a nice theater in one of our malls that every seat is leather and also has a bar and you can take your drinks inside.

8. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Eating during the movie really distracts me, and even people who are do the same to me. So I would rather go to a movie-house that doesn't offer such things. Also, it's better to go for a descent dinner after a movie where you could discussed on the movie you have just watched about.

9. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I've never actually been to this kind of theater but I have mixed feelings about it. I think eating during the movie would be kind of be a distraction from the movie ONLY if they kept the lights on during the movie. I they didn't and the gave the food BEFORE the movie started and not during it, then I think it could be ok.

10. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, they don't have this kind of thing locally in Miami. I wish they did. At home, I sometimes want an actual meal while watching a movie, rather than the standard popcorn and snacks. There are time where you'll want pizza or fried chicken, something more than nachos and Twizzlers. So, a theater that would offer a meal sounds actually pleasant.

11. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    It sounds like it might be fun, but I think I would be distracted if it was my first time seeing the movie. Large screens can be overwhelming for me as it is. I doubt I would be able to enjoy the food, or even remember to eat it if I was too caught up in the intensity of the film. If I had seen the movie a couple times already, I might enjoy the experience more, but it sounds like something that would be quite expensive.

12. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I've heard of these but my area doesn't have any at the moment. They could be really great or a pain to dine in. If I go to watch a movie I want to enjoy the film without a bunch of distractions. I feel like a theater that serves dinner while the movie is planning would be hard to get used to. That might just be me. It also seems like it could be rather pricey.

Is it a different price depending on what someone orders? Is it a set price? I can't see myself doing that if it is upwards of $40+ per person.

13. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of a movie theatre that serves dinner during a movie. I don't think I'd go to something like that due to the fact that its be outrageous in price and more disturbance then ever during the movie. Leave the movies alone. Popcorn, candy & soda is the original theatre. Nothing more, nothing less.

14. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Really? I've never been to this kind of theater. But just the thought of it though doesn't suit fine with me. I think it can really be distracting. Like, you came in there for a reason and that's to watch a movie not to be served dinner. I don't think I'll ever like this kind of setting to be honest. -.-