Movie Ticket Discounts

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by steph84 • May 16, 2012.

1. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    What are your tips and tricks for seeing movies for less? Movie theater tickets cost between $8 to $14 in my city so I am always looking for ways to see movies for less. I often go to advance screenings for free or I go to the $2 theater. I also buy AMC Silver tickets in advance. Those tickets can be used to see movies that have been out for at least 2 weeks. It's worth the wait! They cost around $6 a pop.

2. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I wish the theaters here had that type of deal. We only have Cinemark, that used to be Movico. The only special that they offer is a weekly coupon via email, for popcorn, soda, or candy. BUt I guess its better than nothing. A movie ticket here is $10 per person. $10.50 on Sat and Sun.

3. MEGATRUCK

MEGATRUCKMember

Threads:
    I'm more concerned about deals with movie theater food. Cinemark does have facebook offers, but I regularly just only buy the food I need and make sure it lasts through the entire screening. Large tubs get free refills here, so I usually buy one of those and I'm set.

4. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    When going to see a movie my family usually either goes to the dollar fifty movie or to the midday mantinee which is like 3.50 for an adult and 2.00 for a child. So altogether my family gets in for 12.50 and we usually just sneak in food. I mean there's like a dollar store right down the street so we can pick up a couple of sodas and several things of candy and if we have enough time hit up the dollar menu at BK.

Do you have anything like a Carmike theater near you? If not do you know if it costs less on certain days or at certain times? Also maybe they have a group discount or a deal with your company? I know Aflac and Blue Cross& Blue Shield have those kinds of setups down here.

5. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I just use Netflix because it's just $8 per month and provides your with tons of movies. I think movie theaters are way over-priced, but you do get to see new movies. I can't imagine paying $8 to $10 just to see one movie.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We try to go to the afternoon movie to save a few dollars. If the movie is in 3D the price will not be reduced. The cost of the food is one of the reasons I don't go to movies as much as I would like. Not wanting to see a movie without popcorn which now cost more than $2 and what movie is good without popcorn.

7. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know about in the US but CAA in Canada (Canadian Automobile Association) they have lots of perks like getting tickets to events cheap. They sell cheap movie passes on their website so we order them in batches and use them up as we go to the movies and we save money. I also mentioned in another thread that our movie chain has a rewards program that offers discounts on food and drinks and you get points towards free movie passes every time you buy tickets or food.

Find out what your local movie company is and search online for way to find cheap passes.

8. Ainjell

AinjellMember

Threads:
    Hi Steph,

I live in Orlando, FL. The way I see movies is to buy an annual pass for Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure theme parks. Not only do I get into all the clubs for free, discounts at all the stores on CityWalk as well as some of the store inside the parks themselves but I also get to see movies for $8.50 instead of the traditional $10.50 which is a HUGE savings when it's myself and someone else. I also get into the parks for free all year with my annual passes. There are 3 types of passes and I usually go for the Premier pass because I get free valet parking and ALL the discounts with that one. Other than that, I'll go to a matinee show (which is a guaranteed $6 or less to see the movie) or I'll go to the $5 theater after it's been out for a few weeks. There are many ways to see movies for less in Orlando.

9. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    During my college years in Tampa, there used to be an old movie theater that would play movies after it was out of the other theaters but still way before they came out on dvd. They were only $1 then. I went a few times. It wasn't bad. The theater was older but it wasn't bad for the price. They did close down eventually. In my area there are kids movies for $1 during the week. That's nice to take your kids to. I hope it's still like that when my son gets older. Other than that I just go to a matinee or pay regular price.

10. nefsyn

nefsynNew Member

Threads:
    Just go to matinee and save a lot of money. Also don't buy candy or soda from there. Go to Dollar General or a dollar store, and fill up on $1 candy when it would cost $5 at the movies. Get 5 boxes for the price of 1 at the movie theater.