Movie / Video Game Merchandise

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Feb 16, 2015.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I never buy movie merchandise now that I'm older but back when I was younger I used to always love purchasing toys from my favorite movies. I even loved keeping around some extras like brochures or leaflets if I happened to be watching something on premiere night and they were giving away some free gifts or items. I used to always buy shirts of my favorite movies, but now I just mostly watch movies and play video games and I don't bother much with buying related merchandise anymore.

Do you guys still purchase toys or other merchandise from your favorite movies and video games?

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I've bought some toys and merchandise, but it's typically more of a novelty or as part of a bundle. For example there are some premium physical/digital collectibles that come with a special edition of a game. Exclusive movie screenings also tend to give some sort of memorabilia that's great for collectors.

3. Radix24

Radix24Active Member

Threads:
    I used to buy toys from my favorite series while I was younger. One of the most memorable ones were the Tamiya and Beyblade hype. I had a lot of those, that are now gathering dust on a display case somewhere in my house. I am not that much of a collector, and I no longer buy those as much. I might buy, every now and then, but only if the movie or game really interests me.

4. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't no. Well, not anymore. When I was little I had some merch from Pokemons, mostly. Nowadays the only merch I buy is band t-shirts when I want to support the bands I like.

5. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    No not anymore. I used to buy a lot of video game shirts back in high school since it serves as a badge of some sort because unlike now, back then female gamers are a rare species.

6. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    No, not really. If it's a good movie, maybe I'll buy it on blu-ray, but other than that I don't really buy movie or video game merch. As someone else pointed out, sometimes they come in bundles, but I would really have to want the bundle to shell out the cash. I do have a ton of music t-shirts.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I mostly buy the video game merchandise for my daughter these days, like I recently bought her some Minecraft action figures.
    I would buy anime action figures for myself if I had more disposable income to spend on fun stuff, but times are tough, so I mostly buy the cool action figures and merch as birthday and Christmas gifts for my daughter.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I lost interest in that kind of stuff as an adult, so no I don't buy that kind of stuff anymore. But when I was younger I do enjoy asking my mom if she could buy me related movie or video game merchandise.