Movies on Netflix.

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by kitchencatlover • Sep 1, 2014.

1. kitchencatlover

kitchencatloverMember

Threads:
    I am wondering if it feels like 85% of movies on Netflix are flops to anyone else. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've watched a movie because the description sounded great and ended up wishing I hadn't wasted 2 hours of my life. It's always on Netflix that I do this. Out of the 100 movies I've watched on there, that I haven't seen previously, I've maybe liked ten. Does this happen to anyone else or do I just have a really picky taste?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's just that movies are getting consistently worse.

I watch numerous movies and it takes quite a while before I ever see one which I'd say was entertaining enough. So I'm sure it's not just you who doesn't like the movies. Most people don't [like most of the movies on netflix] but since there aren't any other great options we must make-do with what's available or stop watching movies altogether.

3. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have found that most of the really good older movies are not even available on Netflix, and it is hard to tell whether an unknown movie will be any good until you actually watch it.
    The rating does help. If it is only rated at 1-3 stars; it probably is not worth watching. Also, after you watch a movie, you can add your own rating to the movie, which seems to help Netflix put better movies on your "might like" list.
    However, it still seems like Netflix has the best selection of movies available on any of the subscription programs.

4. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't started watching movies on netflix though its something I've been meaning to do. When I had digital cable I would from time to time buy a movie but half the time not be into it and feel like I wasted 5 bucks. But its still cheaper than going to the movie theater and spending more money and wasting your time like I often feel like.

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Yeah, unfortunately, Netflix can only afford to purchase so many rights to so many movies.

Ultimately, that means they end up with a lot of cheap, low-rated movies.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Netflix doesn't have the best collection of movies. Netflix has a lot of independent horror movies and my roommate loves these. He's in heaven. Every once in awhile, I can find an underrated movie. I watch Netflix for the TV shows. Netflix wouldn't be worth a dollar without its collection of TV shows especially the British ones.

7. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't had this problem to be honest, 95% of the movies I've watched on Netflix have been pretty good. I don't just decide on the movie I'll watch from Netflix's description though. I look for the movie on imdb and rotten tomatoes and see the rating they got. If they got average to good ratings and the description sounds interesting I start up the movie. It has worked well so far, I'm a very picky person when it comes to movies, so if I just played the movies randomly without a bit of research I would probably say the same as you.

8. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I have never had a problem with Netflix. I mainly choose the movies that I want to watch by looking at what actors are in it and how the cover looks. I like Netflix and would not change for nothing.

9. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Hahahaha. Well, that depends. Lately it seems the quality in filmmaking has suffered significantly over the years. I rarely seek out Netflix to watch films. Usually, for the movies I want to see I have to pay for them on Amazon or Google Play. If I really want the film, I'll just buy it from a 3rd party seller on Amazon or eBay. I do enjoy Netflix for the documentaries and television series. Sometimes if there's a movie I haven't seen in awhile and Netflix has it, I will watch it. Otherwise I only use the site for TV shows and documentaries.

10. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes! I do feel the same way sometimes. I feel like Netflix has a whole lot of really bad movies and only a handful of good movies. It's the same with TV shows, they are always a couple of seasons late, so you can never be updated with the TV show if you depend on Netflix to watch it... That is why I signed up for it after over one year of having canceled my subscription. I decided to sign up again for a few months until I watch all the movies that are new and good, and then I'll cancel it again.

11. kitchencatlover

kitchencatloverMember

Threads:
    I totally agree that it has way better movies than hulu or crackle. Not to mention no commercials. I also pretty much only have netflix for the tv shows because they do have plenty of good shows.

12. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I couldn't say that better. I've been on Netflix for about 3 years now, and currently I barely even use it. The best movies appear to be on DVD and I don't have the patience or time to be waiting and sending back Dvds. I use movie4k more often now due to having a way better selection and also free to stream. Netflix streaming plan sucks. They hardly ever get New Releases.

#12Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2014