Movies Showing Now

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Corzhens • Jul 31, 2015.

1. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you watched a movie lately? This week is the opening of Tom Cruise's Mission Impossible and we are going to watch it tonight if our schedule comes true to form. My husband doesn't like action movies because of the illogical scenes but I have requested him to watch this one because it promises to be a good one. Besides, it's Tom Cruise.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The latest movie that I went to see at the cinema was Poltergeist, which was surprisingly really good for the age rating that it had. It has recently come to my attention, though, that Sinister 2 is now out at the cinema. I thoroughly enjoyed the first Sinister movie, and cannot wait to see the second one. I'm not really a fan of action movies like Mission Impossible, so I tend not to see them.

3. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm going to see it tonight as well @Corzhens@Corzhens! I'll be sure to check back tomorrow and let you know what I thought. Both me and the OH enjoy action films, in fact there are never any disagreements over which movie to see.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't seen a movie in a theater in quite a while. Sometimes watching at home is just not the same, especially if the movie has a great soundtrack, and beautiful photography/videography. I loved seeing Soul Surfer at the theater, especially because I went to a matinee, so the theater was less crowded. I've seen it several times at home since, but the first time, on the big screen, was the best.

5. DreekLass

Threads:
    I agree, especially when it comes to a carefully selected soundtrack that assists a movie in telling its tale, and making the audience feel beyond what is actually scripted. I went to see Sinister at the cinema some time ago, and the soundtrack is easily what made the movie. At home, you just wouldn't get the same experience.

6. Diane Lane

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass I think I saw that, but watched it at home. I recently saw that Sinister 2 is coming out (or has been released), so I'll have to watch Sinister again, before I can watch the sequel. I tend to do that, since I have such a bad memory. If/when I do watch it, I'm going to do it downstairs, since you mentioned the soundtrack. The sound bar is downstairs, and tends to give the most cinema-like feel. I'll have to shut the A/C off first though, since that blocks everything out, ugh.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hardly ever watch newly released movies. I live in a small town. We don't have a theater here [it wouldn't be a good idea to have one here anyway since the population is pretty small]. I'll have to wait for the DVDs. Even if I still lived in a town/city [which had a number of theaters] since ticket prices are damn too high these days, I wouldn't part with that cash.

8. DreekLass

Threads:
    Lol. I often do that too. The person who I go to the cinema the most with is my older sister, and she often also forgets what happened in the first movie, so we will make a weekend of it, and watch the first movie at home, before going to see the second or third part at the cinema. Seriously, make sure you watch it with the sound bar :) You'll know what I am talking about :)

9. Diane Lane

Threads:
    I'll have to do a search on the television, to see if anyone's playing Sinister for free. They do that a lot before the sequel is released, but I might have already missed the window. I think I actually had it set up to record, but had to cancel or delete it, because my DVR is always pretty full. There never seems to be enough time to watch all the shows I want to see.

10. DreekLass

Threads:
    Yes, they recently did that with Insidious. Insidious 3 was showing at the cinema, and I noticed - more than once actually - that they made sure to play Insidious 2 on television. I didn't catch any of them though. I tend, mostly, to download the movies that I want to watch. Waiting for them to air on TV is long.

11. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation opened to $55 million this past weekend, which beat expectations. Every week sees at least one major release throughout most weekends of the year, which is always nice. Between 550 and 700 movies are released during an average year, so there's never a shortage of things to watch in theaters. I'm looking forward to seeing Rogue Nation, American Ultra, and a handful of other movies before the end of this month, that's for sure.

12. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I aso so plan to see the new Mission Impossible film. I have been a fan of the Mission Impossible story line since it started many years ago. I don't do to the movies often, I usually wait until they are on dvd but I will see this one in the theather to get all of the sound affects.
    '

13. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Is it just me, or right now there hasn't been that many movies showing. After big premieres like Jurassic World and Minions (which I watched both), right now there isn't really anything out there that I am dying to watch. I guess I could watch Mission Impossible because my boyfriend likes it, but it's not the kind of movie I particularly love.

14. DreekLass

Threads:
    I don't know, Isabbbela - it may just be you. People have different tastes in movies, and might feel that there are more than a few great titles showing at the moment. Due to my movie tastes though, I'd have to agree that there isn't much showing at the moment. I love me some horror, and there doesn't seem to be much of it showing at the moment. Not good horror anyway.

15. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't gone to a movie in a long time. I don't watch tv so I never see previews; I have no idea what's playing unless it's big enough to get people talking. So I just mentioned this elsewhere, but the next movies I will be seeing, whether in theaters or at home are Jurassic World, Mad Max, Batman vs Superman, Dead Pool and Star Wars... think I'm too late for a couple though, aren't I? And the one I'm waiting on the most won't be out for ages..

16. DreekLass

Threads:
    I don't watch TV either. I do, however, download select television shows off of the internet, and rarely there will be snippets of adverts that the uploader hasn't managed to successfully cut out. But you don't really see trailers for movies in them. But I don't know - somehow I manage to attract into my experience information about new movies, whether it be through word of mouth, of on the internet.

17. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been lucky, when I do watch a show (download, gasp!) it never has advertising. Makes it super hard to come up with a movie to watch when the time comes though. Are there sites with thorough listings of all the new releases of the year? I just know I'm missing so many movies I would love to have seen, but they're so over I can't find them lol. Quick Google search would answer my question, but I'm extra lazy today lol.

18. DreekLass

Threads:
    Lol! JosieP, you download shows? You should be ashamed of yourself lol. Most of the time, it never has advertising. Mind you, I have noticed that it is mostly the UK shows that I download that still has snippets of advertising. Maybe you are downloading American and Canadian shows, which have people who are better at editing cutting the adverts out? I have no idea as to whether there are sites with full movie listings for this year. I don't see why there couldn't be? That's what I am here for, to think for you when you are feeling extra lazy :p

19. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL then where are my links dammit? What good is thinking for me if you're not doing for me?? haha. Fine, I'll do it myself. And Canadian tv? That exists? Could have sworn the world revolved around the states, I don't even think we have televisions here yet.. usually get my news and celebrity gossip from the polar bears ;)

20. DreekLass

Threads:
    Hahahaha! I have actually looked for sites like that, since I am currently doing a study about movies and such for a nice chunk of money. But I have not been able to really find one? I don't know how it works - the world does seem to revolve around US TV, but countries still seem to have their exclusive shows that only air in their neck of the woods? Do these polar bears have dreadlocks? I think I saw one ambling past one of my windows :p