Movies that Made you Cry?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by Miaka_M • May 23, 2014.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    We've all seen a number of different movies in our lifetime. I was wondering, were there any movies that genuinely made you cry? There are many movies that made me cry buckets of water, they are as following:

1. Dumbo
    2. Many MANY Bollywood movies
    3. Brother Bear
    4. Frozen
    5. Titanic
    6. Tarzan

I guess that those Disney movies got to me the most lol

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I do not often cry at movies where I am 'expected to cry'. For e.g. my best girlfriend was horrified when we went to see Beaches together and I was dry as a bone. That being said, there are some movies that completely took me off guard - and yes, they are your typical sad movies. But when I finally do cry at one - look out! I am a mess the entire film and a box of tissues is not enough to absorb all the water. Here is the list I came up with and why:
    1. P.S. I love you (my name is Holly and my husband was away when I first saw it.)
    2. Life is Beautiful (the father's idea of protecting his son from what is going on around him is so encouraging and yet he is suffering.)
    3. Hatchiko A Dogs Tale (Loyalty at its best - grips me right in the throat just thinking about it.)
    4. Awakenings (anything based on a true story is hard to swallow.)
    5. Pay It Forward (oh my word...I can't even type about it...and I don't have kids!)
    6. A Beautiful Mind (I don't want to give away any spoilers)
    7. Dumbo is a good one too - but Bambi and...
    8. Old Yeller are my all time favorite Disney tear jerkers.

3. Moriarty

MoriartyNew Member

Threads:
    The beginning scene of the animated movie "Up" definitely choked me up a little. Terms of Endearment also got to me, I'm not ashamed to say. I saw it recently but apparently I was the only person who didn't know how it ended. If you've never seen "Life is Beautiful" that one is definitely a tearjerker. It's about a Jewish father and his son taken to a camp during the Holocaust and he has to try to get all the prisoners to pretend it's a game so that his son won't be scared. I won the academy award for best foreign film. Kramer vs. Kramer is pretty intense, too.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had to pause and think as I was reading your post. It's been a while since I cried while watching movies. I think the last movies that made me cry was "Let Me In" and "A Little Thing Called Love". In the latter, it's not because the acting and plot was moving, but I just got emotional because I remember some similar things that I did in high school that the lead actress was doing, lol. Of course Titanic did make me cry when it was shown too, but I was only 12 that time. Maybe if I watch it now I won't be that affected.

5. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Movies don't often actually make me cry especially ones that are out now which seem so lame. But there have been a few my list are

1) Hatichiko a dog's tale as well. That movie really got to me, especially the fact that it was based on a true story ( the true story was set in the 30's in Japan) The fact that the dogs owner died and the dog would walk to the train station he would wait for his owner when he was alive for 10 years waiting for him to come back until the day the dog died. Really tore me up lol. Also the fact that the dog was a similar breed to my dog. Just the devotion the dog had, and they were only together for a year and half before the owner died, and the dog became so bonded in that short of time.

2) Beaches- about a life long friendship between two women and one of them dies and the other friend ends up raising her young daughter

3) Another bette Midler movie (can't remember the name of it) but about a mother and daughter where she's from a different class then the father and the mother decides to let her go to live with her father to get her away from the bad neighborhood they're living in.

4) Titanic- that movie was so good. You hated to see Leonardo's character die.

5) Toy story 3-lol I hate to admit this but my niece dragged me to this movie and once I saw it, I was more into it then she was. It was honestly well written for adults and children and it was a tear jerker when the boy grows up and goes off to college handing off his beloved toys to a new little girl to play with and the toys are sad to leave the guy but are happy to be played with now by a new "owner". It was surprisingly so touching for a kiddie movie I have to say.

#5Sep 7, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  6. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I don't cry at movies, but I have cried at some. I have cried at are

Imitation Of life - this is a classic movie that my grandmother suggested that I watch. It's a good movie about mother/daughter relationships.

Labamba - is sad movie. I was good until I saw everyone crying in the movie.

Beaches -I can't sit through this movie one time without crying. The stars friendship is great to watch.

7. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    I hate to admit it but UP made me cry. It's a beautiful movie not just for kids animation movie.