Movies With Original Script

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Dec 5, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm a firm believer that we all vote with our money, especially when it comes to movies, which is why I'm confused when I hear about people saying they are sick of particular genres but don't stop paying to go see them. That said, I myself don't have much of a problem with sequels and adaptations but at the same time I also like putting my voting money into films that have an original script so that it helps in encouraging Hollywood to put more effort in keeping original scripts alive.

I do this by buying the physical copies as a gift, or treating them to watching it in theaters, and if I'm being cheap then I'll at least recommend it to some people who would probably like it and buy it.

Anyway, back to the original point of this thread. I'd like to hear some of your recent favorite movies that aren't direct adaptations of movies, comics, books, or sequels/prequels.

I'll start with a somewhat recent favorite of mine which is Inglorious Basterds. Django was also pretty good but I liked Inglorious a bit more.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's not that Hollywood doesn't like original scripts. They just don't like to take unnecessary risks. Better to work with old ideas which they are sure audiences like. So maybe the best way to tell them that we don't like Sequels, remakes, etc is by watching more movies made from original scripts. The following are a few which I've watched and enjoyed:

Inception.
    The Savages.
    Syriana [which is kind of old].

3. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    There plenty of movies with original scripts, from big blockbusters to low-budget films, but not all are good nor bad.

I personally like 2001 Space Odyssey, Mr. Nobody, Cloud Atlas, Big Fish, Tron, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Fountain, Being John Malkovich, Memento, Donnie Darko, Thursday, Scarface, The Tree of Life, Cast Away, and Godfather.