Movies You Love But Everyone Hates (And Vice Versa)

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Dec 10, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I often experience this. I suppose it's because I love bad movies. I loved watching Street Fighter and Batman vs. Robin, I did not think for even one second that it was a waste of time. I enjoyed the colors, the cheesy dialogues and humor, and the fact that they were campy and silly most of all.

I think modern movies are too afraid of being this self-aware and self-deprecating nowadays, and it's probably why almost all movies and entertainment coming out nowadays are too serious or too silly but never a good mix of the two. I think it's a shame.

[video=youtube;Rj94FNPvUgw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj94FNPvUgw[/video]

Conversely, I do not get what the big deal is with the LOTR, but I do at least recognize and admire that it brings joy to many other people.

What movies do you love but everyone hates, and vice versa?

2. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    I love old movies like An Affair to Remember and Casablanca. I can spend the whole day watching TCM. Unfortunately, no one around me likes them. So, I have to watch them alone. As for contemporary movies... I've like some really cheesy dance movies like Center Stage, Strictly Ballroom, and Shall We Dance. I guess it's the dancer in me. :)