Moving seats?

Discussion in Travel started by Theo • Oct 16, 2014.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you ever asked to be moved and for a valid reason and not to try and get an upgrade on the plane?

I once sat next to a mother and her children and the children kept throwing food on me and climbing on me. I felt bad moving, but I needed peace and quiet and I couldn't get that. Another time I had someone very large sitting next to me I barely had any room and I was moved again, once the plane had taken off.
    I don't get offended if people move, because we would all like seats to ourselves, but some try it on to get an upgrade and I see the cabin crew telling them the cost.

If you are polite and allow them to offer it, then it can happen rather than moan and complain.

2. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I have only flown on a airplane twice in my life, the first time I sat with a friend and the second time I was too hung over to care - good thing both flights were only one hour long only!

However, my friend was able to switch seats before when I was on a trip to Hawaii, and one of the flight attendant offered him a chance to sit in a open first-class seat. He immediately accepted the offer and did not regret do so, because his other classmates were cramped in their B-class seats and quite jealous of him. I'm hoping I get a chance like this in the near future.

3. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I've never been asked to move, but I have moved for a couple that wanted to sit next to each other. The attendant then offered me a drink. I don't drink, but I asked him to give it to another woman next to me that was more than willing to get some free booze. For the most part, I'll buy a seat in the emergency row and they are reluctant to move people at random in and out of that row.