Mpoints

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by DancingLady • Mar 15, 2015.

1. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I play a LOT of mPoints games and have gotten now $20 in gift cards. Anyone else do this?

My favorite is mPlaces, that one earns by FAR the most points, but there are lots of games to choose from.

2. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do. It takes a while to get to the daily limit though..maybe 2 hours and that doesn't include Mplaces limit.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd rather avoid such apps, but an app that pays is a good thing, especially if you can get $20 out of it. Most of those types of apps will yield pennies across hundreds of hours of usage, or so that's what it seems like in some cases.

4. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    I am looking at apps that don't require a lot of hours running my devices. It will end up killing my devices with wear and tear. So far, I like receipthog and receiptpal. They don't ask you to constantly doing something to earn points unless you have a receipt to submit :)

5. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    An app that pays you, is acceptable. But an app that values your time, financially wise, is priceless; Unfortunately, mPoints fails to fulfill the latter, as I don't think that the time you're putting in for such ephemeral prizes is going to make people happy unless you're from a less-developed country.
    It's been a while since I last used this app, but I remember well that an Amazon Gift Card worth $5 was around 12,500 mPoints - or somewhere between this amount -, which, for me, wasn't achievable but after 1 month, and I spent quite some time to initially develop my interest with this app.
    Of course, it's worth to try it initially, as there are cheaper prizes which you could get even the first day, but if you want to use this app for more than "beer money", it's going to utterly disappoint you.

6. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well none of these apps are more than "beer money" although that is a lot of points for a small amount.

7. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't mean the opposite, but these apps claim to give you tons of money in a short time span, so they must at least try to show you this by some more acceptable rewards rather than 5 bucks for 1 month of your time; I would honestly work at McDonalds' all my life than spend my time with this.
    Of course, nobody falls for their marketing campaign, but they should at least offer us users some more ways to make money, beside 4 cents per app download...

8. Bill Gates

Bill GatesNew Member

Threads:
    I've been using mPoints for about 6 months, and consistently get about $1/day (2,500 points). The trick is to maximize the check-ins; you can consistently find 100/check-in places, and you can check-in once an hour with the mPoints Places app now, 25 times per day (versus 15/day previously).

Plus, mPoints is running a special promo with Best Buy where they give you 200/check-in, and after check-in you are offered to watch a 0:30 video for 40, and at the end of the video you can click to see the website for another 15 ... for a grand total of 255/check-in. At 25/day, that is 6,375/day ... over $2.50/day!

The only part that consistently gives me fits is installing apps; they are high-value (200-500/install), but rarely do I see the points. I have stopped installing them, they aren't worth the frustration.

9. Voiceofreason

VoiceofreasonNew Member

Threads:
    If you spend time on these apps rather than doing something productive, like working at McDonald's, of course they are not going to pay off. Anyone expecting them to is an idiot. If you use them in your spare time or while doing something else its a different story.

I walk for about an hour every day and I collect most of my points while I'm walking. Time that would be wasted otherwise. It's also pretty easy to collect points doing mindless games while watching a movie or TV.

Checking in to various places with mplaces is also very easy and takes up very little extra time, if any.

I get enough points every month to get a $25 gift card and to me thats like someone handing me $300 a year.

When I first started I spent more time just doing the mpoints things and yeah, it was a waste of time. Now that I have incorporated my mpoints into my every day activities it takes very little extra time.

Its funny how some people won't spend a little extra time to make a little extra money but they will spend hours on a video game that gives them nothing.

10. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I just started using mPoints apps so I haven't cashed out yet. But I do think it's an easy way of earning gift cards. It's pretty much simple and mindless, you can do it while you're on line or waiting for your doctor. So even though the points add up slowly, I'm fine with it. Personally, I am a member of a lot of different websites that work just like that and I do like that they allow me to earn a few bucks a month.

With mPoints, you just need to checkin on some apps and you're good to go. Consider having a separate phone for this so you won't fill your main phone with too many apps. I have a tablet specifically that I don't use anymore although it's sit functional. It works great for my money-making apps.

So yeah, consider mPoints if you are looking for a side or extra earner. It isn't that lucrative as a main job but it can allow you buy those little things you might need.