Music : A CD or digital copy?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by crimsonghost747 • Mar 11, 2014.

1. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747Active Member

Threads:
    How do you prefer to get your music? I love the IDEA of buying a cd so I'd actually have a nice physical copy along with all the things that come with it. But then again, it seems useless to have that since I would never ever put it into a player since I listen to all my music from the computer or from my phone if I'm on the move.

So while I like the idea of buying an actual physical CD, I stick to digital copies since it's more practical for me.

What about you, which one do you choose and why?

2. starfox64

starfox64Active Member

Threads:
    Physical CD. Holding something tangible rather than just some words on a screen saying you own a file is much more valuable to me. Although I have to rip the CDs and that is some extra work, I don't think I'll ever get over the physical CD, that goes for books too.

3. mrjohny

mrjohnyNew Member

Threads:
    I like to but physcial CD when I want.
    Having digital itmes is nice and practical, but the licence is a problem.
    You know, you can give away CDs. But you can't easily tranfer a licence.

4. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I don't agree with that, where are you listening to your music? As in, what device? Whenever I get a CD I just pop it in my computer, transfer the songs to my mp3 player and then never touch the CD again, I'll just buy whatever version is cheaper. I totally agree when it comes to books though, the physical copy is much better when it comes to that.

5. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with you i use digital copies also, because physical disc scratch, and break easily. I like digital copies, because i can put them on my hard dive, or on the cloud and keep them forever. With no risk of having to buy them again.

6. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    Digital copies of albums are always very convenient because you can practically bring them around anywhere and buy them anywhere on the internet through iTunes or other websites.

However, it always feels good to have the actual CD version of an album. It's nice to have actual merchandise from your favorite band or artist. It can serve as a collectible or something to just lend to a friend if they're going on a road trip.

A physical copy of music feels really nice to have.

7. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Digital, since most of the time I get a better price than with CDs. On the other hand when I buy a CD I feel that I own the music it contains. With digital copies I feel that all my money was spent on air and I could loose all my investment in a heart beat. Just think about it. What happens if the digital stores you bought your music from disappear? Anyway, the chances of this happening are slim and I'll continue purchasing my music in digital format since it's more affordable and convenient.

8. pahagwl

pahagwlActive Member

Threads:
    With the advent of high-speed internet, a lot of people have started buying there music online. This is due to the reason that buying music on the internet is generally cheaper then buying physical CDs. And also it gives you the option of buying single songs instead of the whole album. iTunes is a very popular store for buying music online.

9. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    CD. Why? Because its physical. I like to buy things that I can touch, you know, like the feeling of ownership, you know you bought it, you know you own because you know you can touch it. But that's just a personal preference. But still, buying physical albums get you some sweet freebies, like stickers, lyrics and posters, hell even booklets. I kinda agree with the others, because nowadays when you buy a CD you just slap it in your computer and rip the music and put it in your iPod, but still, I like to have something physical to hold and look at. But I only buy CD's from bands/artists that I really like. Seems pointless to buy a whole album if you know you're going to listen to only one song.