Music Apps You Love

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Sep 13, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm looking for some nice music related apps to download, so I'd like to know what you guys are using, whether they are for playing or making music. I don't mind if they are paid apps either as long as they are worth it. My recent discovery is one called Rockmate which has instruments all in one screen so it's very easy to get into without much technical knowledge about having to place beats and add effects. What music related apps do you guys use?

2. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know anything about making music so I don't have any for those but I like Spotify, Pandora and AOL radio. Sometimes I like playing the Voice and Lyroke.

3. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Spotify is the best music app in my opinion. It allows you to listen to any songs/albums you want without any downloads needed. You can literally play the songs instantly. However, if you have the free account, it could get annoying because you only have limited skips and there will be ads all the time. But if you pay for a premium account which only cost a few dollars a month then it's totally worth it. I've ditched my iTunes for Spotify. :p

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't use too many music apps. They're rather heavy. When I'm online through a PC or my smartphone, I use Grooveshark, Jango, Sound Cloud or 8tracks. I go to Spotify whenever I try to listen to classical music. What I like about Grooveshark is that you can create your own temporary playlist without having to sign in. In terms of clarity, I think Sound Cloud has a really good sound quality. If you've got a thing for indie acts, then to 8tracks you should go.

5. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have any apps for making music, but I still use my Zune Music app, it's the predecessor to Xbox Music. It was easier for me to categorize and label everything in Zune, so even though they've discontinued support, I'll still use that as my primary. I will start using Xbox Music again next year and have access to millions of songs, much in the vein of what Pandora and Spotify are like now.

Another suggestion would be Google Music. It works the same way and to be honest, they all work how the Zune Pass used to, so there isn't much need for further explanation about it.

6. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I'm currently using Spotify to find and stream new music, and I am absolutely loving it. It has been a good music source/service for me so far. You should download it as it's only for free, but you can upgrade it to premium if you want to spend a bit of a money.