Music CDs

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Gelsemium • Jul 8, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that music CDs are something of the past and I believe that less and less people buy them, but I might be wrong. All my songs I have in mp3 format and I get them online and to be honest I can't recall the last time I bought a CD... What was the last time you bought a music CD? Do you think people still buy them?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't speak for the rest but I, occasionally buys CDs. Most of them are used though so the prices don't bother me that much. Yeah downloading an mp3 is a lot easier [and cheaper] but I find that the quality of songs on CDs is somewhat higher which makes me like them a little more than mp3s.

3. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Yeah I still buy CDs but in recent years I find myself downloading the music in mp3 format. Don't underestimate the existence of CDs just yet. They are still selling and record companies are producing them. I know I use to have an online store in Germany and I sold almost 300 CDs every week just by putting up a 100 listings. I do feel in a few years that CDs will have a lot more trouble competing with iTunes and other markets offering downloads online.

4. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I'm one of those rare people that still love to buy CDs. I don't even think to just download a song. I buy the CD so I can upload it to my computer and then select which songs I want on my iPod, if not the whole album. My husband's truck has a CD player so they come in handy there too.

5. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't either. CDs don't seem very cost effective at least not anymore to me. There'll be so many songs on a disc that I will skip so you'd be paying full price for only a few songs. Plus you have to load it onto Itunes to get the songs on your Idevice.

6. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely have to agree that CDs are definitely a thing of the past. It's one thing to be able to buy a CD, but it's another thing to be able to use the CD. Apart from my laptop and DVD player I really don't have any other place where outplay my CDs. The number one place for my music consumption is via my mobile phone or tablet. So if I'm not able to get my music into my phone via CD I'm definitely most likely not going to use that as an option. So I prefer to get my songs downloaded as an MP3 and direct into my phone I think the last CD that I bought was in 2005 which is almost a decade

7. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am surprised that stores still have so many CDs on sale, I mean, who is buying them? I used to have a DVD player that got broken, never bothered to fix it or buy a new one. My CD player on the laptop is broken to, who cares, I can't recall the last time I needed it. I have it all in the cloud or in the external disk, so no need really for CDs/DVDs.