Must-Have Public Domain eBooks?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by tjmsrubegoldberg • Nov 2, 2014.

1. tjmsrubegoldberg

tjmsrubegoldbergNew Member

Threads:
    I've been looking to expand my digital library recently, but I don't really have the money or time to buy and read every entry in the newest popular book series. I've noticed that sites like

and

have quite a few classic works of literature available as free, public domain ebooks, including novels and stories from authors like H.G. Wells, Jules Verne, Edgar Rice Burroughs, Charles Dickens, Mark Twain, Edgar Allan Poe, and many more.

Does anyone have any must-read classic works from either of these sites or any other site that offers public domain ebooks?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Manybooks.net also has numerous free books. Not all of them are classic though. The site has more books than Project Guternberg.
    Need some recommendations from Manybooks.net? Here we go:

Alice in Wonderland.
    Alice Through The Looking Glass
    Don Quixote.
    The Iliad.
    The Fall of Troy.
    Crime and Punishment.
    David Copperfield.

And others . . .

3. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Most of my ebooks are the free ones on Amazon. I have dozens of classics on my kindle that I didn't pay a cent for. That is the only reason that device was worth the money. I don't really care for ereaders that much, but because I could access so much with it, I decided it was worth the money, and it is.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Here is an article on free e-books with some sites.

has a good selection which you can also borrow and Goodreads has a list of free books and classics. There are so many to choose from, so it depends what you like to read. The important thing is to choose the format you download.

5. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Not sure if these books are public domain, but I got these for free:

The Richest Man in Babylon, Intelligent Investor, Art of War [Sun Tzu], and How to Win Friends and Influence People.

These two books are a must read if one wishes to be inspired to be financially successful in life, or have a broader mind.