My Bid Was Accepted!

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Timetrvlr • Mar 12, 2015.

1. Timetrvlr

TimetrvlrMember

Threads:
    smiley. We bid quite a bit lower than the asking price of a 2 year old mobility scooter on eBay and it was accepted! We're thrilled. No tax and the price includes shipping. Those things are expensive and our bid was about half the price of a new one. I think that we can also claim it as a medical expense for my wife with a Doctors prescription.

It will be a while before we receive it and I'm hoping it will be as advertised, if not I have two weeks to return it and a 6 month warranty if I keep it. If this turns out well, I'm going to shop online for a larger one for me as I'm having mobility issues too.

Our bidding on eBay was unusual because this seller was a dealer and had three (rental units?) to sell and was accepting offers. Most sellers on eBay place a high value on their ratings by customers and buyers are also rated on eBay. I have a good reputation as a buyer and I'll only deal with sellers that have a good reputation for honesty in their dealings. For that reason, I think it's really important to rate sellers and rate them objectively. Your thoughts?

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's certainly important to be objective when rating a seller. I've seen so many negative feedbacks on seller accounts which are actually about issues which are beyond the sellers control, like postal delays or ripped packaging.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    missbishi you have a good point. Some people become unreasonable and give negative feedback for something the seller really had no control over and some will refuse to make an adjustment to the feedback after an explaination has been given by the seller.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Congrats on the good deal that you got! From my experience, very few US Ebay seller offers free shipping to my country, so far I have seen only one and it's a big store. At least I have seen some UK sellers offer free shipping overseas. So I'm stuck with buying from Chinese sellers.

Anyway, I agree that some buyers give unreasonable feedback. I tend to be quite patient when waiting for an item that sometimes I end up being scammed since nothing arrived after many months. The longest that I had to wait was a little over 4 months to receive my item. I already thought that it was stolen or lost!

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Feedback is important, but when I have had bad service I tend not to rate in case they rate me down too. This has only happened once, but it was sorted out, but it was hassle for me as the seller was a pain to get hold of to arrange collection. Don't forget some people do fake ratings too, so you have to look at what the person bought.

I think buying such a big item can be worth the risk if they are a business because they know they can't afford bad publicity.

6. philipgust

philipgustMember

Threads:
    Great man! :)

7. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Well, first of all congratulations on winning your auction. I hope that the item is everything you hope it will be. Like you I agree that ratings are important on Ebay and Amazon. For me this can make or break a seller. I use to not understand why I would receive emails asking me to rate a seller and leave a review, but now I understand all too well the importance of this. I guess I really started to understand when I became a seller myself and I started to see as a buyer how important it was to know who I was dealing with. I have got burned out on Ebay, and this taught me about checking the seller out first before purchasing from them.